Off to Salou, Spain in July, which to take Cash or Revolut card in Euros? Thanks

Found 23rd Jun 2016
Hi all , we're off to Salou, Spain in July, first time in Spain since the days of Pesetas, I'm wondering if to take the majority of our money in Cash or on our Revolut card, any preferences? Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Card
  3. Spain
10 Comments

both? take some cash and then can top up when u r away as needed..

Just checked the exchange rate and it's quite good atm. Tesco 1.27

I don't think you'll get a much better rate than with the revolut card. about 1.307 the moment? + the only fees are if you withdraw over £500/month via an atm... above that and there's a 2% charge but even with it, it still beats a lot of other options. also if there's anything left afterwards you can easily convert the euros back to £s and withdraw back to bank again with no charges. I'll be taking mine to Spain in August

Banned

Apogee00

I don't think you'll get a much better rate than with the revolut card. … I don't think you'll get a much better rate than with the revolut card. about 1.307 the moment? + the only fees are if you withdraw over £500/month via an atm... above that and there's a 2% charge but even with it, it still beats a lot of other options. also if there's anything left afterwards you can easily convert the euros back to £s and withdraw back to bank again with no charges. I'll be taking mine to Spain in August

is that £500 atm withdraw in any country or UK only?

Original Poster

I've ordered some euros from Sainsbury for collection on the 4th, which allows for any movement upwards ideally as I can cancel that 24hours before and pay no fees, I think I'll put some sterling onto my revolut card anyway and see how that pans out rate wise, i presume there is no fixed buyback rate on the card is there.

cokezone1112

is that £500 atm withdraw in any country or UK only?

Any country

MarkT1967

I've ordered some euros from Sainsbury for collection on the 4th, which … I've ordered some euros from Sainsbury for collection on the 4th, which allows for any movement upwards ideally as I can cancel that 24hours before and pay no fees, I think I'll put some sterling onto my revolut card anyway and see how that pans out rate wise, i presume there is no fixed buyback rate on the card is there.

I wasn't aware you could do that as surely you can potentially abuse the market then? I thought the agreement was final with no refund.
Edited by: "joshp" 23rd Jun 2016

Also consider the Travelex Supercard. Links directly to your debit/credit card so no need to top up. There is a 2.99% fee for ATM withdrawals though.

Banned

Apogee00

Any country

Wow very impressed will certainly be looking at this next holiday
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants