Groups

Off to Venice tomorrow!

Hey guys!
    Just to let you all know, I will be leaving my house at 4am to make my way to the airport for my holiday to Venice, which I won through QuidCo.

I can't wait!!!

Any tips from anyone while I'm out there?

18 Comments

buy a detailed map, Venice is like a rats nest once you get off the tourist routes.......

well done have a great time:thumbsup:

have a lovely time - check in hotel reception for vouchers off coffees etc in st.marks square - saves you £££s

dont feed the pidgeons:-D

:thumbsup: enjoy!

Don't drink too much,VERY expensive, was 4-5 Euros
    for a bottle of beer two years ago.
    i expected it to smell but it didn't
    lovely place you will enjoy it :thumbsup:

Don't follow the hordes - step one or two streets away from the main drag (which is littered with mask shops and tourists) and it is calm, peaceful and very beautiful (and no, it doesn't smell!)

If you are going for a drink in the cafes, remember they have a pricing structure depending on where you sit - cheapest drinks sat at the bar - next sat inside - sat outside you will pay the most (a small fortune for a coffee if you are sat outside in Piazza San Marco)

have to agree with the getting lost routine... just follow the streets see where they take you - found some great little jewelry stores etc by doing that.
    also - get a ticket for the water bus, a weekly or however long your there, and just ride it all the way round. It must take around an hour ish?.. its a really great way of seeing everything - without paying for an actual tour.
    Great time to do it is at night - all the buildings are lit up.

bring a lot of money, is quite expensive and they sell so many lovely things!

have a 'tramezzino' is a typical Venecian sandwich and a 'bellini' typical drink :thumbsup:

Wow lucky you! have a fantastic time x

Banned

have a great time, and dont forget to take a peg for the nose it pongs a little

Original Poster

We're actually staying on the Lido, so across the water from Venice.
    Superior room overlooking the lagoon

Got 530 Euros to last for 4-5 days, so should be plenty.

Narfette: Im guessing you can purchase the travel card from the airport in Italy?

Cheers everyone!

Banned

birdyboyuk;6504519

We're actually staying on the Lido, so across the water from … We're actually staying on the Lido, so across the water from Venice.Superior room overlooking the lagoon :)Got 530 Euros to last for 4-5 days, so should be plenty.Narfette: Im guessing you can purchase the travel card from the airport in Italy?Cheers everyone!

i stayed there (cant remember where exactly, long time ago) also went way up into the mountains for a few days, it was beautiful

I took my sat nav and still got lost!! have fun

Original Poster

Well, finally here! Yay! :w00t:
    However, had to pay £32 to EasyJet for our bags as none were booked in for us :x

Got to the hotel, and a nice suprise for us!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/birdyboyuk/th_IMG_0050.jpg

Thanks to QuidCo for that. Moet & Chandon too!

Original Poster

Its our last night in Venice! :-(
    Have had an excellent time! :w00t:
    However, I don't think I will ever get over the cost of things over here! :shock:

I will be posting some pics when I'm back, so watch this space!

Glad to see you've had a lovely time Birdy :thumbsup:
    i would have given some tips but we were in Bergamo!!

Looking forwards to the pics.

Good old Quidco and clever magician you . :-D

:thumbsup:
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/211402141_988c78b36a.jpg
    welcome back you two!

Original Poster

kippy;6546273

:thumbsup:welcome back you two!

Haha! Thanks...:thumbsup:

Had a great time!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1227
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions