Groups
    EXPIRED

Office Chairs

I need at least four chairs. Need to be adjustable with arms but not vital that they're leather. Viking did have some for £29.99 but they've all gone.
    Are there any similar deals around at the moment? Anybody seen anything in Makro etc.?
    Many thanks.

7 Comments

I'd like to know this too - i'd stay away from leather chairs though - in the case of the £30 chairs, you get what you pay for - sure its leather but my one has broken within a week of getting it (cheap plastic holding the chairs together).

Delerium

I'd like to know this too - i'd stay away from leather chairs though - in … I'd like to know this too - i'd stay away from leather chairs though - in the case of the £30 chairs, you get what you pay for - sure its leather but my one has broken within a week of getting it (cheap plastic holding the chairs together).

Hmm... I've had a leather one from Viking for about six months. I use it daily + it is comfortable. With it's adjustable pneumatic height + lever operated "spring" tilt movement, for £35 you can't go wrong.

Which plastic bits do you refer to as holding the chair together? The arms of the chair bolt onto the seat + backrest. If they're securely fixed into the metal retainer screw threads, it would take a fair bit of force to break the arms for example.

Just interested in knowing the details. Thanks for the feedback!

Original Poster

I ended up going to Staples who gave me 10% off for having one of their reward cards. The high-backed leather chairs seemed goot quality for £45. I'll hang onto the £2500 Dyrlund one for me though, I bought that secondhand at 90% off - not made of money.

Think I'd be frightened to sit on it at that price!

I got a £40 from neat-ideas (i think its .co.uk), and it's really good for what I need it for.

Ok so the leather is thin, but what do you expect from a £40 chair !!!

[color=darkblue]Here's the Neat Ideas website:[/color]

[color=blue]CLICK HERE - NEAT IDEAS[/color]

[color=darkblue]I think the chairs have gone up to around £59 now though.[/color]

It was the neat ideas leather char that was flimsy. It was constructed perfectly, all bolts etc in place, but the actual plastic was splitting - the chair is basically held together by both arms. The plastic itself was quite, splintery if you know what I mean - like how plastic gets when its aged - this might be why the prices were so low as it could have been old stocks.

Anyway - back to secretary chairs for me a think.

Del
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710954
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would917
      3. What would be HELL to you?2944
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171351

See more discussions