Groups
    EXPIRED

Official Chess Thread

lichess.org/

Click play with friend.
    Click start.
    Post link what comes up. ( note. do not give the full url from the address bar)

36 Comments

bossyboots

oO....

it's chess

Chess is a two-player board game played on a chessboard, a square-checkered board with 64 squares arranged in an eight-by-eight grid. - from wikipedia

link

are you having a laugh?

cheers I've book marked it

Banned

Nice one.

Original Poster

MR1123

are you having a laugh?

I'm 100% serious. It is an excellent game.

Anyone want a game?

lichess.org/7ch…1kb

Please don't click link if you don't know how to play.

If you want to learn then you can read up on the internet - beginnerchess.org/
    Then play the computer until you get a Grandmaster status and the still only have a slim chance of beating me. (not srs)

Banned

I'll kill two minutes beating you if you want?

Original Poster

SkinnyPanda

I'm 100% serious. It is an excellent game.Anyone want a … I'm 100% serious. It is an excellent game.Anyone want a game?http://lichess.org/7chdf1kbPlease don't click link if you don't know how to play. If you want to learn then you can read up on the internet - http://beginnerchess.org/Then play the computer until you get a Grandmaster status and the still only have a slim chance of beating me. (not srs)

Here is another link - lichess.org/1az…-zq

I left that game because I didn;t think my post will come through. I will leave this new one up for like half an hour.

Banned

Just thrashing someone called 'salmonbake'

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Just thrashing someone called 'salmonbake'

give us a game after. click the link in the post above yours

Banned

OK, that took all of 44 seconds!
    God I'm good!
    http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1930/chessa.jpg

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 29th Nov 2010

Banned

You're playing someone else?

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

You're playing someone else?

pm sent

Banned

Good game - you put up a good fight.

How old are you?

im awful at chess!!

Banned

SkinnyPanda

yeh gg17

Very good for 17. Did you know that was a Reti opening?

Banned

Bodybuilding and chess at 17? Are you me 18 years ago? X)

we have just started this in school teaching the kids how to play and then hopefully they will be playing against other schools i think its great for them
    we are going to play this cheers

Banned

pinkshaz

we have just started this in school teaching the kids how to play and … we have just started this in school teaching the kids how to play and then hopefully they will be playing against other schools i think its great for them :)we are going to play this cheers

Chess is fantastic.
    I've been playing since the age of 8. Remember my dad teaching me and then beating him two years later - never spoken since! oO

Great thing for kids - I'm 100% behind teaching chess to our young folk. It's got everything.

Original Poster

JonnyTwoToes

Chess is fantastic.I've been playing since the age of 8. Remember my dad … Chess is fantastic.I've been playing since the age of 8. Remember my dad teaching me and then beating him two years later - never spoken since! oOGreat thing for kids - I'm 100% behind teaching chess to our young folk. It's got everything.

I 100% agree. This is a very easy to use website.

i started playing chess in junior school - was good ... that was over 20 years ago - still like playing now! altho a little rusty!!

Banned

arcangel111

i started playing chess in junior school - was good ... that was over 20 … i started playing chess in junior school - was good ... that was over 20 years ago - still like playing now! altho a little rusty!!

I know what you mean. I started playing again a few years ago and soon realised I had lost a lot of technique. Playing speed chess helped. 1 minute (per side) games. Very exciting.

Also got out the old Batsford chess books. Not the easiest of bed time reading but Batsford openings is essential!

Banned

SkinnyPanda

I 100% agree. This is a very easy to use website.

Great find SP!

i just want to add that i played a game earlier against some randomer - every piece was a queen shape ! very confusing !!!! still won though

Original Poster

No one has clicked the link yet. You can play me.

SkinnyPanda

No one has clicked the link yet. You can play me.

playing now - pieces are still queen/king shaped !

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd178/arcangel1111/chess.jpg

how can you play a decent game when you can't tell what you're playing with ... lol

Original Poster

Oh! Well that is pretty strange!!

my excuse for getting beat so easily.. lol

JTT got me

ilovepink

:(JTT got me

and again

Banned

Ha, ha!

ilovepink

and again

Never mind - there's always tomorrow!

lichess is a great site. Can you choose a skill level though as I keep getting beat ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions