Groups

Official Glastonbury Thread

Its a "matchsticks under the eyelids" kinda weekend - I'll be glued to Glasto for as long as possible - guaranteed good views,great sounds,cold beer and no rain in my front room !

Who are you looking forward to seeing, and (if you've been watching) who's floating your boat so far

33 Comments

Banned

I've never watched Glasto, but am kinda intrigued by Bruce tomorrow, think he's the only one I'm really interested in..

Am with you all the way with the front room viewing...Tent and rain? no thanks, I'll stick to my double, Tempur mattress bed and central heating thanks very much!

just watched Neil Young do a cover of the Beatles a Day in the life - brillant

H_K;5601242

I've never watched Glasto, but am kinda intrigued by Bruce tomorrow, … I've never watched Glasto, but am kinda intrigued by Bruce tomorrow, think he's the only one I'm really interested in..Am with you all the way with the front room viewing...Tent and rain? no thanks, I'll stick to my double, Tempur mattress bed and central heating thanks very much!

My mate Badly Drawn Boy is playing tomorrow on the Avalon Stage. Hope they show some of his set on TV. I could have gone down, but too old for festivals!!

Banned

stefor;5601308

My mate Badly Drawn Boy is playing tomorrow on the Avalon Stage. Hope … My mate Badly Drawn Boy is playing tomorrow on the Avalon Stage. Hope they show some of his set on TV. I could have gone down, but too old for festivals!!

nicely dropped in there! Is that the dude that did About A Boy soundtrack? Have you fed the fish or something to that degree?

roryk83;5601305

just watched Neil Young do a cover of the Beatles a Day in the life - … just watched Neil Young do a cover of the Beatles a Day in the life - brillant

me too, amazing :thumbsup:

I'd love to watch it but turned on bbc 3 earlier and that cow bowman was presenting it, so rather than face the risk of catching sight or sound of that again i'll wait until next week and download the torrents of a few of the bands.

lily allen was super trooper

Original Poster

H_K;5601242

I've never watched Glasto, but am kinda intrigued by Bruce tomorrow, … I've never watched Glasto, but am kinda intrigued by Bruce tomorrow, think he's the only one I'm really interested in..Will be good to see if the Springsteen has still got it - never really been into his music,but will be watching !Am with you all the way with the front room viewing...Tent and rain? no thanks, I'll stick to my double, Tempur mattress bed and central heating thanks very much!

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

roryk83;5601305

just watched Neil Young do a cover of the Beatles a Day in the life - … just watched Neil Young do a cover of the Beatles a Day in the life - brillant

Oooooh ! Missed that - I'm sure there will be re runs/highlights over the weekend - will have to see that !

stefor;5601308

My mate Badly Drawn Boy is playing tomorrow on the Avalon Stage. Hope … My mate Badly Drawn Boy is playing tomorrow on the Avalon Stage. Hope they show some of his set on TV. I could have gone down, but too old for festivals!!

Is he still wearing that scruffy hat - he'll be proper sweating if he is - oh yeah,tell him to have a shave as well

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;5601371

lily allen was super trooper

Super boober more like - not much talent at all IMO.
    Just goes to show what a well connected dad can do for your career !

Monkeybumcheeks;5601387

Is he still wearing that scruffy hat - he'll be proper sweating if he is … Is he still wearing that scruffy hat - he'll be proper sweating if he is - oh yeah,tell him to have a shave as well

Yes, still the same brown and white (well cream now!!) hat.

Monkeybumcheeks;5601397

Super boober more like - not much talent at all IMO.Just goes to show … Super boober more like - not much talent at all IMO.Just goes to show what a well connected dad can do for your career !

i did worry bout her norks ALOT!!! i felt some of her best work!! and she certainly did a bettter job of singing a britney song than britney does!!

thats all ive seen so far! :s

Lady gaga was great tonight don't like her personally but thought she put on a good show

liked lily allen too got a sort of thing for her lately ;-)

ting tings and bloc party were there usal brilliant.

specials on now, oh I wish I was there

what stage is george formby playing on?

mark halsall;5601476

Lady gaga was great tonight don't like her personally but thought she put … Lady gaga was great tonight don't like her personally but thought she put on a good showliked lily allen too got a sort of thing for her lately ;-)ting tings and bloc party were there usal brilliant.

Gaga left her undercrackers at home

Banned

stefor;5601406

Yes, still the same brown and white (well cream now!!) hat.

hes been wearing that hat since time began i remember him playing at a twisted nerve thing in leeds before bdb and he was wearing that thing

doves always do it for me

JBAUERBEATSJBOND;5601616

Gaga left her undercrackers at home

Haha she did yep along with her strong tat tape :-D

Basic instinct 3

Original Poster

Lily was still as untalented as always - Lady Gaga was better than her (cos she forgot her pants;-)) - Bloc Party were fairly good,Doves were brilliant (in places) but Jamie T was the boy so far :-D

Roll on tomorrow !

Banned

its a bit muddy this morning but cant complain a fairly quiet night .. one more night to go

Original Poster

dog_cop;5602006

its a bit muddy this morning but cant complain a fairly quiet night .. … its a bit muddy this morning but cant complain a fairly quiet night .. one more night to go

Are you actually there d_c ?

Who's impressed you so far ?

I am guessing his iphone has died.

Original Poster

odriscoll;5607103

I am guessing his iphone has died.

If I had one I deffo wouldnt take it to a festival !!
    Judging by his user name,there might possibly be a large German Sheperd sitting in his tent keeping watch tho !

Pendulum - EPIC

Kasabian - EPIC

happy days indeed

Original Poster

Florence and the Machine are now my favourite act so far !
    Fantastic legs - er performance :oops:

Did anyone see her? - She done a top quality cover version of "You've got the love" :-D

Monkeybumcheeks;5607680

Florence and the Machine are now my favourite act so far !Fantastic legs … Florence and the Machine are now my favourite act so far !Fantastic legs - er performance :oops:Did anyone see her? - She done a top quality cover version of "You've got the love" :-D

Just watched Floence and the machine and thought she was fantastic, clearly mad as a fish, CD ordered.
    Caught a bit of Lady GAGA earlier and she was awful! Most of the vocals seemed to be on backing track with her going "yeah, UGH" now and agian.

Original Poster

Goonieman;5607807

Just watched Floence and the machine and thought she was fantastic, … Just watched Floence and the machine and thought she was fantastic, clearly mad as a fish, CD ordered.Caught a bit of Lady GAGA earlier and she was awful! Most of the vocals seemed to be on backing track with her going "yeah, UGH" now and agian.

Was the Florence CD a pre order ?
    Didnt think it was out until Monday ?

Kasabian are a very good live band - got them on now

I only liked Gaga for her lack of pants !!

6th July, a week on monday

Original Poster

Goonieman;5607944

6th July, a week on monday

I'll be having some of that

Pete Doherty pulled off a pretty good set - looks like he might be sorting himself out

The woman at glastonbury this year surely do know how to make me erect. :thumbsup:

Did i make that pretty subtle just there?

MisterMarston;5608362

Did i make that pretty subtle just there?

a tent reference maybe?:whistling:

For me the best so far have been Kasabian, Pete(r) Doherty and Madness this afternoon
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25100
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213629
      4. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33

See more discussions