*Official* HMV Games & Consoles Trade In Prices

Found 10th Oct 2011
Not everybody has a smartphone fro the free app

HMV offer some of the best trade in and cash prices for games and consoles imo

i thought it might be nice to have a place anyone interested in a games trade in value could post what they would like to know the price off and ill use my iPhone app to post the value below

jsut to give you an idea my Black DS lite was £35 cash or £45 trade in, very good value i thought!

let me know anyway, im sure it might be of use to somebody
Community Updates
36 Comments
Original Poster
CONSOLES

PS3 Console 40GB = £75 Trade £60 Cash
PS3 Console 60GB = £80 Trade £60 Cash
PS3 Console 80GB = £80 Trade £60 Cash
PS3 Console 160GB = £80 Trade £50 Cash

PS3 Slim Console 120GB = £100 Trade £85 Cash
PS3 Slim Console 160GB = £115 Trade £40 Cash
PS3 Slim Console 250GB = £140 Trade £105 Cash
PS3 Slim Console 320GB = £150 Trade £105 Cash

XBOX 360 Console 20GB = £65 Trade £55 Cash
XBOX 360 Console 60GB = £70 Trade £50 Cash
XBOX 360 Elite Console = £80 Trade £65 Cash
XBOX 360 Core System Console = £50 Trade £35 Cash
XBOX 360 Slim Console 4GB = £80 Trade £60 Cash
XBOX 360 Slim Console 250GB = £95 Trade £70 Cash

Nintendo WII = £50 Trade £30 Cash
Nintendo WII Black = £55 Trade £35 Cash

Nintendo DS Lite = £45 Trade £35 Cash
Nintendo 3DS = £85 Trade £75 Cash

GAMES

PS3 FIFA 12 = Trade £36 Cash £26
PS3 Resistance 3 = Trade £25 Cash £20
PS3 RAGE = £33 Trade £28 Cash

XBOX 360 FIFA 12 = Trade £36 Cash £26
XBOX 360 Gears of War 3 = Trade £36 Cash £26

Nintendo 3DS FIFA 12 = Trade £30 Cash £25
Nintendo 3DS Zelda = Trade £21 Cash £19

Nintendo WII FIFA 12 = Trade £30 Cash £25

Can't anyone download this app? I know I have it.
ade2j

Can't anyone download this app? I know I have it.

Very rarely correct when i use it
winifer

Very rarely correct when i use it

Yeah rubbish app I agree, only used it once myself.
Original Poster
anyone with a smartphone can download it.. not everybody has a smart phone.. people on here have asked before

all prices were correct when i went in today, apologies for botherind lol

admittedly console prices are not that great (excusing a DS lite) but it gets the chaff out of the way

p.s i think its a great app

Have used the app a few times and prices have been correct, its been handy to check the prices save taking them into the shop just to see

I was surprised when I looked up bioshock 2 rapture edition as I got £13 store credit for I considering they only pay £3 for the standard version so basically an extra £10 trade in credit for an A5 artbook. Luckily picked up a replacement standard version for £3 also.
dont think i can download the app as i have a windows phone
Edited by: "mikimiki" 10th Oct 2011
Original Poster
mikimiki

jsut pop in anything you wanna know the price of, am sure me or sum1 else will let you know
mikimiki

If their is anything you want to know the price of just let me know and will check for you and post back
@joeprosho + @NFS - cheers guys
Can you trade in at all stores?
The app has made me so much money. I took a load of crud games into Gamestation, they offered me £104. So i proceeded to scan every game (or insert name of) i had in the bag as Gamestation beat Hmv and Cex by a whole squiddly diddly. I walked out of a shop with £145!! Its a no brainer.
Edited by: "gmdlogan" 11th Oct 2011
Original Poster
which NFS speed title and platform? my bad.. just realised you were speaking to NFS the person lool
Dead Island and F1 2011 are both trading in for £36 atm on both 360 and PS3 - really good prices for both, gamestation may match but that depends on the price they sell their pre-owned versions for!
Its alright if they are trading these new games for £36, when they are probably selling blops for £29 or summat terrible!
Fallout 3?
Streetfighter 4?
kegan24

Fallout 3?Streetfighter 4?

Which console as sometimes the prices are different
gmdlogan

Its alright if they are trading these new games for £36, when they are … Its alright if they are trading these new games for £36, when they are probably selling blops for £29 or summat terrible!

I agree they are overpriced on a lot of games but new releases are usually £40-£45 that means if you trade in dead island you are paying £9 most for a new release that if you don't really enjoy will probably be trading in for £36 again so it could be worse.
Original Poster
fallout 3 = £6 trade £4 cash, GOTY version is £8 trade instead
Street fighter 4 = £5 Trade £3 cash.. obvs there are different editions of that aswell..
Playstation 3

F1 2011 ps3.

safe brah

edit: oops just seen this

hotchocolate

Dead Island and F1 2011 are both trading in for £36 atm on both 360 and … Dead Island and F1 2011 are both trading in for £36 atm on both 360 and PS3 - really good prices for both, gamestation may match but that depends on the price they sell their pre-owned versions for!

Edited by: "numptyj" 11th Oct 2011
Original Poster
numptyj

F1 2011 ps3.safe brahedit: oops just seen this

ye £36 trade, £26 cash
Just got the app for android and scanned some of the games I no longer play. Hopefully the prices will be the same instore as on the app (could I argue it and show them the app if they offer me less?). Some strange prices really, some of the older games that I thought would sell for pence go for around £8 (I.e. Splinter cell double agent ps3, which was, quite frankly, crap).

Do they give a store receipt with the credit on?

Well there's a sale on too, saw some games I might like last time I was in there!
Edited by: "Degeneratemoo" 11th Oct 2011
Original Poster
Degeneratemoo

Just got the app for android and scanned some of the games I no longer … Just got the app for android and scanned some of the games I no longer play. Hopefully the prices will be the same instore as on the app (could I argue it and show them the app if they offer me less?). Some strange prices really, some of the older games that I thought would sell for pence go for around £8 (I.e. Splinter cell double agent ps3, which was, quite frankly, crap). Do they give a store receipt with the credit on?

all the prices have been right for me.. but as mentioned the thing to do if they dont offer you the app prices, is go to gamestation, show them the app price and they will give you £1 more per game!
could someone please price these for me all xbox360

dj hero
dj hero2
football manager 2009
fifa09
bfbc2
homefront
cod waw
planet 51
crysis 2
dead rising 2 classic
looney tunes acme arsenal
r.u.s.e
lma 2007
cm2007

thanks
Original Poster
dj hero - 8 - 5
dj hero2 - 5 - 3
dj hero2 bundle - 12 - 9
football manager 2008 - 2.5 - 1 (couldnt find 2009)
fifa 09 - 50p - 25p
BFBC2 - 6 - 4
Homefront - 4 - 3
world at war - 5 -3
Planet 51 - 5 -3
Crysis 2 - 9 - 7
Dead Rising 2 (classic) - 11 - 8
Looney Tunes - 6 - 4
RUSE - 5 - 3
LMA 2007 - 2 - 1
CM 2007 - 50p - 25p
thanks alot mate dead rising is tempting only payed 10
Can anyone let me know how much batman arkham city is?? Forogt my phone which has my app on it. Cheers
Original Poster
ggmurray

Can anyone let me know how much batman arkham city is?? Forogt my phone … Can anyone let me know how much batman arkham city is?? Forogt my phone which has my app on it. Cheers

xbox/ps3 = 30 trade 25 cash
collectors edition = 35 trade 30 cash
looking for a hmv price for gt 5 ps3 black ops xbox 360 pes 2011 ps3 modern warfare ps3 and mario kart ds
thanks in advance
Original Poster
weestephenmcguire

looking for a hmv price for gt 5 ps3 black ops xbox 360 pes 2011 ps3 … looking for a hmv price for gt 5 ps3 black ops xbox 360 pes 2011 ps3 modern warfare ps3 and mario kart ds thanks in advance

GT5 - £10 - £6
Black Ops - £7 - £5
PES - £1.50 - £1
MW - £5 - £4
MK DS - £11 - £8

must say i seem to find generally DS games get pretty good value at HMV in comparison
weestephenmcguire

looking for a hmv price for gt 5 ps3 black ops xbox 360 pes 2011 ps3 … looking for a hmv price for gt 5 ps3 black ops xbox 360 pes 2011 ps3 modern warfare ps3 and mario kart ds thanks in advance

i'll take GT5 and Black ops off you if you are selling. will match hmv price and pay for postage(£1 should cover it,or there abouts)
hi anyone know where the best place is to trade in ps3? if so anyone know how much they pay for trade in .....thanks x
how much will i get for AC Revelations & COD MW 1+2
Can i get prices for Nintendo Ds
Virtua Tennis 3 psp
Harry Potter Lego Years 5-7 psp

What isthis app called
Do you have to have the boxes to trade in consoles???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants