Official HotUKDeals mobile app now released!

Supermod 448
Found 29th Oct 2012
Today sees the release of the official HotUKDeals mobile app and it is something we are particularly excited about. The official app is your access to deals, voucher codes, freebies and savings right on your mobile device.

It should give you pretty much the full HUKD experience whilst on the move so you should not miss a thing.

HotUKDeals mobile helps you:

View the hottest deals our community voted as 'Hot'.
Discover local deals.
Search the database for up to date member shared vouchers.
Set up HUKD Keywords (notification alert)

You will find the links for the currently available versions (iOS and Android) in the first post so get the app downloaded and tell us what you think.

EDIT: Windows HUKD App now available - see post one for links
Community Updates
Top comments
Original Poster Supermod
hotukdeals Mobile App links

VERSION 2.0 HAS LANDED....

Armed with our biggest updates ever, version 2.0 of the Official HotUKDeals App gives you the tools to make sure you'll never pay retail again.
· The app now offers tablet support. By far the most requested feature, this version adds a customized view that works great on tablets.
· Every piece of the app has been redesigned to show you more great deals on a bigger screen.
· We've added a new grid view so you can quickly scan through bargains.

Don't worry, phone users, there are great new features for you as well.
· The display of deals has been redesigned to include more important details.
· We've added the code to the list of vouchers so you can grab discounts on the go.
· Ask, Misc, and Feedback discussions show how many members are in on the conversation.
· Added information on the level of positive feedback a seller has received in For Sale/For Trade.
· The temperatures have been colourised to show hot, cold, and new deals. Keep your eyes out for deals marked with the flame icon, they are too hot to miss.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/jtUtxqXiGSDEVRx84WlQ3s19jliSPXXM25lHsjAwD-R2dXMQxk_GNLruqLAOZdnM3-w=w124
- iOS (iTunes)

https://lh3.ggpht.com/jtUtxqXiGSDEVRx84WlQ3s19jliSPXXM25lHsjAwD-R2dXMQxk_GNLruqLAOZdnM3-w=w124
- Android (Google Play)

- Windows

Edited by moderator: "-" 1st Mar 2017
447 Comments
Original Poster Supermod
hotukdeals Mobile App links

VERSION 2.0 HAS LANDED....

Armed with our biggest updates ever, version 2.0 of the Official HotUKDeals App gives you the tools to make sure you'll never pay retail again.
· The app now offers tablet support. By far the most requested feature, this version adds a customized view that works great on tablets.
· Every piece of the app has been redesigned to show you more great deals on a bigger screen.
· We've added a new grid view so you can quickly scan through bargains.

Don't worry, phone users, there are great new features for you as well.
· The display of deals has been redesigned to include more important details.
· We've added the code to the list of vouchers so you can grab discounts on the go.
· Ask, Misc, and Feedback discussions show how many members are in on the conversation.
· Added information on the level of positive feedback a seller has received in For Sale/For Trade.
· The temperatures have been colourised to show hot, cold, and new deals. Keep your eyes out for deals marked with the flame icon, they are too hot to miss.

- iOS (iTunes)

- Android (Google Play)

- Windows

Edited by moderator: "-" 1st Mar 2017
When will the API be opened up to developers so users can make Comments and Post Deals?
Congratulations!
Original Poster Supermod
mimminito

When will the API be opened up to developers so users can make Comments … When will the API be opened up to developers so users can make Comments and Post Deals?

Have you seen this?
yes i know - it popped up at top of the page?
basically spam
no blackberry app or android sideload?
if want to listen to users then see how many have recently bought playbooks
Banned
Seems to be a fault here Jay as Admin doesn't seem to be charging for it.

Best get that amended ASAP. X)
Banned
Well done Jay, just installed on my S3 and Xoom. Superb work
Original Poster Supermod
JonnyTwoToes

Seems to be a fault here Jay as Admin doesn't seem to be charging for … Seems to be a fault here Jay as Admin doesn't seem to be charging for it.Best get that amended ASAP. X)

Its ok. It is included within that yearly £19.99 subscription you paid when you signed up to use this site. Oh...
kool, hope HUKD app developers listen to app comments & reviews (_;)
Original Poster Supermod
dbhoy

Well done Jay, just installed on my S3 and Xoom. Superb work

Will pass that on to the devs as I am just the introducer Let us know anything else after you have had a proper play around with it.
mimminito

When will the API be opened up to developers so users can make Comments … When will the API be opened up to developers so users can make Comments and Post Deals?

We have completely rewritten the API to be Oauth based, and are using that as a basis for our new app. Once we get all the kinks worked out with the new version of the API we can work on getting it public for developers.
iPad version?
but i already have hukd saved as a widget on my smart phone.
how is this app any different to me accessing the web page on me smart phone?
Banned
magicjay1986

Its ok. It is included within that yearly £19.99 subscription you paid … Its ok. It is included within that yearly £19.99 subscription you paid when you signed up to use this site. Oh...

Temp bars seem a little odd. A full bar for the draught excluder at 806 degrees and a full bar the global 4 tier shelf at 312 degrees.

Seems anything over 300 degrees is a full bar?
Banned
One issue though, if I may point it out, is that on my Xoom, it won't give you the option to display in landscape mode so have to view it in potrait mode.
Original Poster Supermod
JonnyTwoToes

Temp bars seem a little odd. A full bar for the draught excluder at 806 … Temp bars seem a little odd. A full bar for the draught excluder at 806 degrees and a full bar the global 4 tier shelf at 312 degrees.Seems anything over 300 degrees is a full bar?

Yes - the Mikado thread and The World at War is going to hit full bar status shortly as they are at 298° and 297°.
How do you actually 'log into' the app!
Just installed this on my iPhone and removed the old beta . . . promptly got hammered with about 100 deal alert notifications oO
Still hammering the cancel button to try and get rid of them
DJ Dunk

Just installed this on my iPhone and removed the old beta . . . promptly … Just installed this on my iPhone and removed the old beta . . . promptly got hammered with about 100 deal alert notifications oOStill hammering the cancel button to try and get rid of them

good that you are a guinea pig for the rest of us.
Original Poster Supermod
sphinxy

How do you actually 'log into' the app!

Click on Activity in the bottom panel and it should take you to User Activity where you can sign in!
just great, i sign up 10 mins ago, and i get the app for my phone same day, amazing or what looks like i chose the right day
i think i'll stick to the site. Not very tablet friendly and i don't really see a way to filter deals.
magicjay1986

Click on Activity in the bottom panel and it should take you to User … Click on Activity in the bottom panel and it should take you to User Activity where you can sign in!

Am I missing something? I don't want to 'sign up':

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49899762/Photo%2029-10-2012%2016%2028%2042.png
mutley1

good that you are a guinea pig for the rest of us.

I feel violated oO They've all gone now, but I have a sore finger oO
Original Poster Supermod
sphinxy

If you begin to put in your registered email, it will open up the password field and sign in as you would with your usual details.
sphinxy

Just enter your usual login email address and it'll prompt for your HUKD password.
Slightly misleading, but thanks
I just tried it and along the bottom, at first it said, DEALS LOCAL SHARE ACTIVITY DEAL ALERTS but now it just says. Button 0 button 1 button 2 button3 button 4 button 5
I will give it a try! Thanks
Original Poster Supermod
souljacker

I just tried it and along the bottom, at first it said, DEALS LOCAL SHARE … I just tried it and along the bottom, at first it said, DEALS LOCAL SHARE ACTIVITY DEAL ALERTS but now it just says. Button 0 button 1 button 2 button3 button 4 button 5

Were you one of the beta testers and didn't update the old version? If not, can you do us a screenshot please?
magicjay1986

Have you seen this?

Yes, I am currently using it for my own popular HUKD's Android application, but the current API is very limited compared to whats being offered in the official app. Not really ideal for us developers who would like to provide a deeper more enriching experience to our users
Developer

We have completely rewritten the API to be Oauth based, and are using … We have completely rewritten the API to be Oauth based, and are using that as a basis for our new app. Once we get all the kinks worked out with the new version of the API we can work on getting it public for developers.

Brilliant, thanks for the update. If you need this to be tested, please let me know, I would love to add this into my app and help out.
magicjay1986

Were you one of the beta testers and didn't update the old version? If … Were you one of the beta testers and didn't update the old version? If not, can you do us a screenshot please?

No I wasn't a beta tester, I closed it and restarted it, it back to normal for now, this was on the iPad if it helps

Edit: back again, it happens after I post a comment
Edited by: "souljacker" 29th Oct 2012
Original Poster Supermod
souljacker

No I wasn't a beta tester, I closed it and restarted it, it back to … No I wasn't a beta tester, I closed it and restarted it, it back to normal for now, this was on the iPad if it helps

Hmm...ok...maybe just keep us posted on that if you don't mind

Ive

magicjay1986

Hmm...ok...maybe just keep us posted on that if you don't mind

As I said in my edit, it happens every time I post a comment
Original Poster Supermod
souljacker

No I wasn't a beta tester, I closed it and restarted it, it back to … No I wasn't a beta tester, I closed it and restarted it, it back to normal for now, this was on the iPad if it helpsEdit: back again, it happens after I post a comment

Just seen your edit. Will speak with one of the devs.
Banned
The cold bars make even less sense.

You should do it like this, because this way is awesome.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1047/hukdbars.jpg
How do you log in and log out, switching users etc?
Been testing this. I'd still like an option to go into my profile to send PMs and leave feedback etc without having to load up the main site.
Expired deals don't show as expired on the app. Could do with a go to top button. After scrolling down the deals for a while it's a faff on scrolling to the top. App looks good tho'
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants