Groups

Official "The Apprentice" thread

Please post your views and stay on topic - or else YOUR FIRED !!!

27 Comments

load of rubbish

pcfairs;1781365

load of rubbish

Amstrad

Can't wait! Will be addicted for the next 12 weeks!

pcfairs;1781365

load of rubbish

:viking:

I'm with you Sash6304 - I'm so excited, can't wait for 9pm!

littletiger;1781393

I'm with you Sash6304 - I'm so excited, can't wait for 9pm!

One of the best shows of the year! I love reality shows (well most of them). Got a chilled bottle of Chardonnay also waiting for 9pm!!:thumbsup:

Boring.

The advert where that woman is pushed into the water is hilarious! haha
    And the actual show is pretty good to watch too.

Its plagued by sales people with the 'look at me' syndrome.

Find the programme really interesting, got it ready to record on the sky+

Banned

I said this before but i will say it again here

last seasons contestants were really stupid and unqualified to be on that show I thought (except like 2 maybe)

the calibre of contestants on the US show is so much higher

Proximo;1782136

I said this before but i will say it again herelast seasons contestants … I said this before but i will say it again herelast seasons contestants were really stupid and unqualified to be on that show I thought (except like 2 maybe)the calibre of contestants on the US show is so much higher

I do prefer the series with donald trump, the martha stewart one was awful though - she wrote them a letter apologising for getting rid of them, and the treats were awful, stuff like going to her house for a game of scrabble!

There's a ginger, someone who looks like an Asian Jimmy Carr, and a scruffy Bolton lad who 'is single, but has a girlfriend' according to the BBC website. Sounds good- but it's all about Margaret and Nick really!

Did you know that the building they go into for the firings is a set, the real head office that AMS works from is a two storey building in somewhere boring like Reading?

billyX;1782191

There's a ginger, someone who looks like an Asian Jimmy Carr, and a … There's a ginger, someone who looks like an Asian Jimmy Carr, and a scruffy Bolton lad who 'is single, but has a girlfriend' according to the BBC website. Sounds good- but it's all about Margaret and Nick really!Did you know that the building they go into for the firings is a set, the real head office that AMS works from is a two storey building in somewhere boring like Reading?

Didnt know that

Do know that they film (or at least they did in series 2) two endings. Sara got told "Your hired" and was really thrilled, then they shouted "Cut" and did it again with Tim being told "Your hired". Didnt tell them before hand that they were going to do that!

Yeah, I remember seeing an interview with AMS where he said it'd be impossible to decide, so they both work for him for a few months before the programme goes out, so he can get to know who fits the bill best. Makes a lot of sense, it's his money after all!

My favourite story is back in S1 AMS had a TV ad for Great Ormond Street Hospital (you may remember it) where he ended up saying 'In fact i'm so impressed with the work that they do that my fee for this advert is going straight back to them' or words to that effect. The Sun's TV columnist picked up on this, and had a funny line poking fun at him saying 'so are you so impressed with The Apprentice that your fee from that is going to GOSH too?'

The next week- Ally Ross's column started with 'Apologies to Sir Alan, it turns out that his fee for The Apprentice is actually donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Sun newspaper is making a donation to them as an apology' and continual praise of the series by Ally Ross ever since... lol!

billyX;1782283

Yeah, I remember seeing an interview with AMS where he said it'd be … Yeah, I remember seeing an interview with AMS where he said it'd be impossible to decide, so they both work for him for a few months before the programme goes out, so he can get to know who fits the bill best. Makes a lot of sense, it's his money after all!My favourite story is back in S1 AMS had a TV ad for Great Ormond Street Hospital (you may remember it) where he ended up saying 'In fact i'm so impressed with the work that they do that my fee for this advert is going straight back to them' or words to that effect. The Sun's TV columnist picked up on this, and had a funny line poking fun at him saying 'so are you so impressed with The Apprentice that your fee from that is going to GOSH too?'The next week- Ally Ross's column started with 'Apologies to Sir Alan, it turns out that his fee for The Apprentice is actually donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Sun newspaper is making a donation to them as an apology' and continual praise of the series by Ally Ross ever since... lol!

Lol! That episode was funny, Kids hospital calendar so the boys did the sensible thing and made a calendar of cute little babies, the girls went with.....cats......:?

Banned

kelly_o_fanatic;1782181

I do prefer the series with donald trump, the martha stewart one was … I do prefer the series with donald trump, the martha stewart one was awful though - she wrote them a letter apologising for getting rid of them, and the treats were awful, stuff like going to her house for a game of scrabble!

lol that sounds so lame, the Donald Trump prizes were amazing yeah and the actual work they did was actually contributing to actual companies owned by Trump

kelly_o_fanatic;1782301

Lol! That episode was funny, Kids hospital calendar so the boys did the … Lol! That episode was funny, Kids hospital calendar so the boys did the sensible thing and made a calendar of cute little babies, the girls went with.....cats......:?

The blokes team always seems to do much better than the womens team- prob why they mixed them up from the start last series. Women, eh! :oops:

billyX;1782402

The blokes team always seems to do much better than the womens team- prob … The blokes team always seems to do much better than the womens team- prob why they mixed them up from the start last series. Women, eh! :oops:

The girls team usually argue more, whereas the boys just get down to it. However once the teams are mixed later in the series the girls start doing well, I think its just that they dont work well as a team of just girls.

Saying that, the girls always do better on the celebrity episodes! Mainly that is due to calling up people and getting sympathy money due to putting on a pathetic voice and stuff.

kelly_o_fanatic;1782475

The girls team usually argue more, whereas the boys just get down to it. … The girls team usually argue more, whereas the boys just get down to it. However once the teams are mixed later in the series the girls start doing well, I think its just that they dont work well as a team of just girls.Saying that, the girls always do better on the celebrity episodes! Mainly that is due to calling up people and getting sympathy money due to putting on a pathetic voice and stuff.

And the fact that on the sports relief one recent;y, the girls were blatently going to win from the start due to the (higher) class of "celebs" where as the guys were all pretty ordinary and boring.:whistling:

[SIZE="4"]I'm sorry to say[/SIZE].[SIZE="7"].. YOU'RE ALL FIRED ![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]thought I'd just get back in to practice again...... [/SIZE] :-D

Also cant wait should be good.

Original Poster

Anyone else feel like giving Raif a kicking ?
    What an annoying prat

I recognise Alex Wotherspoon maybe from a previous reality show anyone else?

mrtootough;1789083

Anyone else feel like giving Raif a kicking ?What an annoying prat

Yes but "one" is hugely entertaining. He'll never be the apprentice - you can see Sugar doesn't like him.......

Banned

mrtootough;1789083

Anyone else feel like giving Raif a kicking ?What an annoying prat

Have to agree. i was willing him to get kicked off for being such a tit :-D

Wonder if he has any real mates ;-)

If you havent already watched it.. try and get hold of this tv program:
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…oss

A spoof of the apprentice, contestants found out at the end that the boss was fake, the company was fake and all the insane tasks they had been made to do (like Sell hot soup in Chicago on a hot July day.) was just to make them suffer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay512
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1326
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764333

See more discussions