***Official*** VGX awards thread! Tonight 11pm.

Found 7th Dec 2013
Today's the big day as the VGX global stream brings you more than just an awards show…In fact, it's jam-packed with special interviews, exclusive trailers and live gameplay demos along with a live, one-night only musical performance featuring the music from GTA V, surprise guests and possibly even a new reveal or two. Here's some insight into what you can expect and a listing of places that you stream VGX LIVE!

It begins tonight, at 10:45 p.m. with our exclusive pre-show featuring an in-depth look at one of the most highly-anticipated games of 2014 – Thief.

Then, at 11pm, VGX begins the inaugural all-day live multi-platform gaming event with more world premieres than ever including exclusive new looks at Titanfall, Quantum Break, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Broken Age, Dying Light, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Plus, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will even stop by to present a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

As the most widely distributed live gaming event of all time, you can catch the live VGX stream across all screens and gaming devices worldwide including Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Twitch, iOS and Android devices via the GameTrailers Apps and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app, Steam and Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com, MTV.com, MTV2.com, and BET.com so really there's no excuse NOT to watch!

So, come early for an up-close look at Thief and stay late for all of the exclusive world premieres!

(Changed times to UK time in write up.)
Community Updates
Misc
188 Comments
The short version:

11pm tonight.

Use Gametrailers app on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Twitch, iOS and Android devices

Available everywhere else on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app, Steam and Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com, MTV.com, MTV2.com, and BET.com

So what are you guys expecting/looking forward to?

Personally, I think Uncharted PS4 may show up. I'm looking forward to Nintendo's announcement too.

Edited by: "Biddy2" 7th Dec 2013
Nintendo will hopefully release some footage of Zelda WiiU but I expect them to actually show off Mario Kart.

No Fallout 4 apparently so next gen can continue to wait for its killer app.

thelaine

Nintendo will hopefully release some footage of Zelda WiiU but I expect … Nintendo will hopefully release some footage of Zelda WiiU but I expect them to actually show off Mario Kart.No Fallout 4 apparently so next gen can continue to wait for its killer app.

Hopefully Nintendo show off more than DK/Mario Kart/SSB/Bayonetta. Lord knows they need to.
hopefully some more gameplay footage of titanfall and the division will be on show, kind of hoping to see some more witcher 3, I bought witcher 2 but couldn't get into it for some reason, although I do love the genre of game, so with new platforms updated gfx etc, I might buy witcher 3 for the sake of it lol
Still not one game released on ps4 or xbone makes me want to part with my cash so waiting till spring 2014
Edited by: "archer1204" 7th Dec 2013
how do I watch this on my ps3 or ps4??
Want to see uncharted and the division
fattyuk

how do I watch this on my ps3 or ps4??

Don't know about PS3 (does the UK have the Gametrailers app?)

PS4 isn't listed though. Does the twitch app let you watch the Gametrailers stream?

You could use the Ps3 browser and go to spike.com/vgx though.
I just hope The Last of Us wins GOTY, so deserving. After that I'd like to see a full trailer for Uncharted, and find out about the Santa Monica game that the Battlestar Galactica guy's been writing for. Seeing The Division and Dragon Age: Inquisition would be great as well, with the show ending with an amazing announcement of South Park: The Stick of Truth coming to Next-Gen Consoles. That'd be a pretty perfect show for me anyway.
pRxda

I just hope The Last of Us wins GOTY, so deserving. After that I'd like … I just hope The Last of Us wins GOTY, so deserving. After that I'd like to see a full trailer for Uncharted, and find out about the Santa Monica game that the Battlestar Galactica guy's been writing for. Seeing The Division and Dragon Age: Inquisition would be great as well, with the show ending with an amazing announcement of South Park: The Stick of Truth coming to Next-Gen Consoles. That'd be a pretty perfect show for me anyway.

If South Park gets announced for Xbox One/PS4, then I'm trading my 360 in.
Tomb Raider is being rereleased on Xbox One and PS4. Just been leaked. Release date is 28th January 2014.
Do they often throw out surprises? As far as I can see the itinerary looks jam packed with little room for surprises.

Was hoping to see something from Bioware
abch4

Do they often throw out surprises? As far as I can see the itinerary … Do they often throw out surprises? As far as I can see the itinerary looks jam packed with little room for surprises.Was hoping to see something from Bioware

Every year there are surprises. Geoff Keighly has confirmed some for this year too.
biddilybah

It really is the only reason I'm holding onto my PS3, well maybe Dark Souls 2 as well.
biddilybah

Same here it's the only game I'm waiting for on this gen.

^^^^ Southpark has already

biddilybah

It's already been confirmed lol
fattyuk

^^^^ Southpark has already It's already been confirmed lol

Has it? When? I was sure it's only for PS3/360/PC. oO
It hasn't been confirmed.
fattyuk

^^^^ Southpark has already It's already been confirmed lol

When?
According to the official website it's still just the PS3, 360 and PC
Content schedule for the show.

Preplay

Get an exclusive look at Thief - The VGX Preshow kicks off with a trip to Eidos Montreal to get a look at the next installment of the Thief franchise.

Hour #1

VGX Start - The big show kicks off as hosts Joel McHale and Geoff Keighley take us through what kind of surprises are in store at VGX.

Our first secret world premiere - We cant divulge all of our secrets, but trust us, you're going to love this one.
Smosh reveals the future of video games - What will video games be like in the future? The game at Smosh reveal all at VGX.

Tomb Raider announcement - Get a Tomb Raider announcement, exclusively at VGX.

Lara Croft in the flesh - Camilla Luddington, the voice behind Lara Croft, appears at VGX.

The Vector Monkey finds a home - We're revealing the winner of either Best Action Adventure or Best Sports Game categories. You tell us which you want to see.

Reggie takes the stage - Nintendo of America's fearless leader, Reggie Fils-Aime takes the stage for a demo.

Another Vector Monkey is awarded - VGX honours another of this year's best games.

Quantum Break revealed - VGX is the only place you can get a look into the world of Remedy's next epic title.

Get even more Quantum Break - Remedy's Oskari Hakkien stops by VGX to take you deeper into Quantum Break.

Bonus world premiere - Another surprise Bonus World Premiere.

Hour #2

South Park and the Stick of Truth - Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny set out on their most epic journey ever.

Game of the Year Award - The creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, award this year's top honours.

Mega 64 - Rocco and Shawn thought we left some awards out, so they filled in some of the gaps.

Destiny arrives at VGX - Bungies latest title shines in this exclusive premiere.

VICE's Motherboard takes on Donkey Kong - Go behind the scenes and see the biggest rivalry this year's Donkey Kong world championships.

A new look at Broken Age - Double Fine's Tim Schafer helps pull back the curtain on his next creation.

Rooster Teeth present the pick for Cameo of the Year - You're never going to guess who wins.

World premieres as chosen by you - You tell us which world premiere you want to see next: Tom Clancy's The Division or The Withcher 3: Wild Hunt

Who will be crowned best indie game? - Find out which little studio takes home the big award.

Secret world premiere #2 - Another all-new game, brought to you by VGX.

Hour #3

Zombies infect VGX - See if you can survive this demo of Dying Light.

VGX welcomes PEWDIEPEW - One of YouTube's biggest names visits VGX.

Thief steals the show - Get an exclusive world premiere for the latest entry in this beloved franchise.

You choose the award - We're revealing the winner of either Best Shooter or Studio of the Year categiories. You tell us which you want to see.

We name the character of the year - You voted, now find out who you chose as your Character of the Year.

Another awesome world premiere - We've got some of this year's biggest trailers - only at VGX.

One final VGX award - You decide which award you want to see handed out.

Titanfall world premiere - VGX welcomes Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella for an exclusive look at one of next year's biggest games.

Rockstar rocks the house - An exclusive one night only performance of the music of Grand Theft Auto V

Camilla Luddington AND those secret PREMIEREs!

A stream link would be appreciated please.
Mike7343

A stream link would be appreciated please.

Working on it right now.
VGX Live

Twitch

Steam

Live Events App needed on 360/PS3
http://turntherightcorner.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/camilla-luddington-lara-croft.jpg

Makes you wanna play tomb raider.....

Edited by: "Joeyjoe1" 7th Dec 2013
Bummed about Bethesda announcing they wouldn't be there

Was hoping for a Fallout 4 reveal. Ah well, E3 next year it is

DestinyCalls815

Bummed about Bethesda announcing they wouldn't be thereWas hoping for a … Bummed about Bethesda announcing they wouldn't be thereWas hoping for a Fallout 4 reveal. Ah well, E3 next year it is

you never know, secret reveals

if they announced they were going everyone would expect fallout 4, but if its a secret it will be a big but pleasant surprise, touch wood
coullgfx

you never know, secret reveals ;)if they announced they were going … you never know, secret reveals ;)if they announced they were going everyone would expect fallout 4, but if its a secret it will be a big but pleasant surprise, touch wood

I suppose you're right.

Damn, you got me excited now!
DestinyCalls815

I suppose you're right. Damn, you got me excited now!

lol ive got myself excited as well, I just really want a nice long rpg type game for xbox one, and fallout will definitely fill that void, apart from dead rising 3, all my games are yearly upgrades, I need something different lol
maybe a first look at dragon age or mad max? hoping for star wars battlefront gameplay but not going happen
Joeyjoe1

Makes you wanna play tomb raider.....

Makes you wanna do something else more like...

The preshow has begun. Watching now on Xbox One via twitch app. Showing off thief right now.
The more I see of thief the less excited I am for it.

A lot of the mechanics look generic today when compared with other games of the genre. Dishonored being a big one.

Environment looks nice though
abch4

The more I see of thief the less excited I am for it.A lot of the … The more I see of thief the less excited I am for it.A lot of the mechanics look generic today when compared with other games of the genre. Dishonored being a big one.Environment looks nice though

Does it look ridiculously dark to you?

Like you can't see anything in the dark areas?
biddilybah

Does it look ridiculously dark to you?Like you can't see anything in the … Does it look ridiculously dark to you?Like you can't see anything in the dark areas?

They like the dark, even their dev studio is dark as hell :D.

Hard to tell properly when watching compressed video, though darkness is a big theme. The cutscenes were nearly invisible though!
abch4

They like the dark, even their dev studio is dark as hell :D.Hard to tell … They like the dark, even their dev studio is dark as hell :D.Hard to tell properly when watching compressed video, though darkness is a big theme. The cutscenes were nearly invisible though!

Fair enough. X)

Got to agree with your previous comment though. Not really excited for this after having played Dishonoured.
Dunno if I can deal with this cornball for 3 hours lol

Didn't even get the genitals gag
Edited by: "abch4" 7th Dec 2013
First premiere coming up...
Borderlands
WTF?

Telltale + Borderlands?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions