Official Windows Vista Theme reset? Aspect Ratio?

11 replies
Found 8th Feb 2010
Have just reset my laptop after having bad viruses hit bad, Upon reseting it back to factory fresh I've noticed the Aspect Ratio on the screen has changed is it just me or is the screen supposed to be bigger and not so squished together? Pic below of what im talking about also i've noticed that the Vista Theme has disappeared and i'm left with the Blue Theme as you can see above I cant find a way to change it back to black like at the bottom of the screen is again what can i do to get that back? i'm not so computer friendly so bear with me lol

1. Misc
  2. Windows
11 Comments

Original Poster

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/Marky264/Example.jpg

right click on desktop

properties

change graphics from there??

how its done in xp surely the same in vista

Original Poster

numptyj;7789347

right click on desktopproperties change graphics from there??how its done … right click on desktopproperties change graphics from there??how its done in xp surely the same in vista

K just did that and it's updated now thanks, just cant change this Vista theme as I dont want it plain Blue without it matching the bottom

u need to check whioch settin u have an looks like u have aero turned off

Original Poster

rocko5000;7789651

u need to check whioch settin u have an looks like u have aero turned off

ah where can I check that? whats the aero?

its somewhere in the display settings i haven't used vista for a while but its should be in the display area of control panel

right click desktop

personalise

window colour and appearance

open classic appearance properties...

Change to aero.

The HUKD site layout looks perfectly normal to me on that picture.

EndlessWaves;7790162

right click desktoppersonalisewindow colour and appearanceopen classic … right click desktoppersonalisewindow colour and appearanceopen classic appearance properties...Change to aero.The HUKD site layout looks perfectly normal to me on that picture.

if u look at top of internet explorer u will notice its not black like task bar

rocko5000;7790236

if u look at top of internet explorer u will notice its not black like … if u look at top of internet explorer u will notice its not black like task bar

The title bar is never black unless you've set the colour to black (which you can do in window colour and appearance), Aero just makes that and the taskbar translucent.

EndlessWaves;7790989

The title bar is never black unless you've set the colour to black (which … The title bar is never black unless you've set the colour to black (which you can do in window colour and appearance), Aero just makes that and the taskbar translucent.

no aero matches the taskbar mate same as windows 7

rocko5000;7791735

no aero matches the taskbar mate same as windows 7

Turn it on then.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44