Official Wireless SNES gamepads for Nintendo Switch available. £26.99 + £8.90 shipping

Posted 30th Sep
OK, not much of a "deal" per se, and the delivery charge is daylight robbery, but these things will sell out in a couple days max. Grab them while they are still available

mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk/cat…668
Community Updates
From the Nintendo site

"We're aware that some users are having difficulty ordering the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers for Super NES - Nintendo Switch Online, even though they qualify for purchase. We're looking into it and apologise for any inconvenience."

UPDATE:

"Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers. A small amount of additional stock will be added soon, and we are still investigating the purchasing issues some users experienced. Please stay tuned for updates."

That is nice of Nintendo to add an additional small amount of stock, they best hold them until they fix this issue as I still cannot purchase one!

Groups

24 Comments
Ridiculous delivery cost.
£36??? I thought they'd be around the £15 mark, possibly wishful thinking on my part.
Edited by: "abzolve" 30th Sep
You’re better off getting the 8bitdo SNES controllers, at least they will work on normal Switch games and are cross platform
Scalpers are crashing the Nintendo website!
I can't even get the page to load, just got a swirling circle of uncertainty.

Do they take money now? How ridiculous is the shipping charge and is it a flat charge no matter how many you buy?
Rob_130430/09/2019 15:00

I can't even get the page to load, just got a swirling circle of …I can't even get the page to load, just got a swirling circle of uncertainty.Do they take money now? How ridiculous is the shipping charge and is it a flat charge no matter how many you buy?

It's a flat charge. You can get up to 4 controllers and only pay the one £8.90 charge.
jpxdude30/09/2019 15:13

It's a flat charge. You can get up to 4 controllers and only pay the one …It's a flat charge. You can get up to 4 controllers and only pay the one £8.90 charge.

£8.90? Crikey! Amazon Prime has ruined me
Rob_130430/09/2019 15:18

£8.90? Crikey! Amazon Prime has ruined me

No, you’re not ruined. Nintendo are robbing customers blind.
Have been checking now for the last hour or so, not having any luck with the site.. Page appears to be loading and stuck.
JohnnyRoller30/09/2019 14:39

You’re better off getting the 8bitdo SNES controllers, at least they will w …You’re better off getting the 8bitdo SNES controllers, at least they will work on normal Switch games and are cross platform

And are about £20.
For £8.90 I'd expect for Shigeru Miyamoto to hand deliver it in person on a silver platter to me.
I love most things nintendo but I really can't get my head around buying a controller that can only be used if you have a switch online account or you have to buy additional overpriced digital snes games. Seems a bit pointless
If delivery to UK is £8.90, then they have put it up, as it was £6.75. That's a fact
The deal is live now - website is fixed :)! Just ordered some
midgar77701/10/2019 00:36

The deal is live now - website is fixed :)! Just ordered some

Stupid question, but how do you order?
mastermjr2004101/10/2019 11:06

Stupid question, but how do you order?

There should literally be a yellow button there to add to basket.
jpxdude01/10/2019 11:15

There should literally be a yellow button there to add to basket.

There is nothing showing for me

38583748-3nzBq.jpg
Potentially sold out, however they did have some problems last night because excess traffic crashed the site.
Agree it’s a rip off....

also ordered two.

Mario Kart on proper pads is worth it.
honest
They basically updated the page at about midday on Monday and I think they intended for it to work...but it didn’t. It would just keep spinning when you logged in so it was impossible to buy anything. I read that they were doing store maintenance between 8pm-1am so I stayed up and waiting, refreshing occasionally. At about 23:30 it fixed itself and started working so I clicked the add to basket button and finished the purchase.
midgar77701/10/2019 21:42

They basically updated the page at about midday on Monday and I think they …They basically updated the page at about midday on Monday and I think they intended for it to work...but it didn’t. It would just keep spinning when you logged in so it was impossible to buy anything. I read that they were doing store maintenance between 8pm-1am so I stayed up and waiting, refreshing occasionally. At about 23:30 it fixed itself and started working so I clicked the add to basket button and finished the purchase.

Can you please screenshot what I am meant to be seeing when purchasing the controller as I am not seeing an add to basket button....

Thanks.
mastermjr2004102/10/2019 08:11

Can you please screenshot what I am meant to be seeing when purchasing the …Can you please screenshot what I am meant to be seeing when purchasing the controller as I am not seeing an add to basket button....Thanks.

Sure thing - It looks like this...

edit: just noticed in the store page that it says currently unavailable. This might unfortunately mean that they’ve sold out...but they may be releasing them in waves? I’m new so I don’t know if they do that though. Sorry mate
Edited by: "midgar777" 2nd Oct
midgar77702/10/2019 15:31

Sure thing - It looks like this...edit: just noticed in the store page …Sure thing - It looks like this...edit: just noticed in the store page that it says currently unavailable. This might unfortunately mean that they’ve sold out...but they may be releasing them in waves? I’m new so I don’t know if they do that though. Sorry mate

Thanks buddy,

Nintendo have stated this;

"Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers. A small amount of additional stock will be added soon, and we are still investigating the purchasing issues some users experienced. Please stay tuned for updates."

ABSOLUTE JOKE AS AN ISSUE WITH THEIR WEBSITE PREVENTED ME FROM ACTUALLY ORDERING.
Edited by: "mastermjr20041" 2nd Oct
mastermjr2004102/10/2019 15:36

Thanks buddy,Nintendo have stated this;"Thanks to everyone who expressed …Thanks buddy,Nintendo have stated this;"Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers. A small amount of additional stock will be added soon, and we are still investigating the purchasing issues some users experienced. Please stay tuned for updates."ABSOLUTE JOKE AS AN ISSUE WITH THEIR WEBSITE PREVENTED ME FROM ACTUALLY ORDERING.

Yeah that is a joke :/ hope you get one next time. I’d recommend signing up on VisualPing.io and setting up and email watcher for the page. It sends you an email whenever the page updates / changes. Well worth doing good luck, I hope you get one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants