Expired

officialiphoneunlock.co.uk Has anyone Dealt with them?

Found 3rd Oct 2014
I thought I had read the terms and conditions and understood them . Big mistake, Pre-order a unlock for a 5c price £19.99 minutes later I receive a email stating to get access to my unlock code . They want another £67.
I phoned no answer, I emailed no answer. Left a message on their Facebook page and it was deleted.
Has anyone else dealt with this company? Thought I had checked them out but was mistaken. I would appreciate any information anyone can supply. They show paypal logo but will not accept payment or I could not get their system to accept it so used credit card. The CC company say I have to wait 30 days. even though I quoted the distance selling regulations 2000 and even the new Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 that now takes precedent but still no reply
I do not hold out much chance of recouping the £19.99 even though the law is clear in its information, this is despite canceling or trying to cancel within 4 hours.
Again any help appreciated, and with thanks for reading my rant
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
the iPhone cost in some places£100+ to unlock
seeing a price £20 common sense should of taken over
Even the guys doing for £100+ are using network 'insiders' to input the phones imei into the Apple database on the sly.

The phone's could be relocked if/when Apple realize or do an audit.
The only safe way is through the network the phone was bought through. The max they charge is around 20 quid, so why pay more ??
Edited by: "steve1221" 3rd Oct 2014
Looking at the website they all do state FROM the price stated for each network rather than saying that the price mentioned is the price you pay.
When visiting the site myself I get this from WOT

http://s13.postimg.org/pslg9ubjb/screenshot_252.jpg
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/officialiphoneunlock.co.uk?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

Quoting any UK laws will be pointles

Registrant:
Datacorp Ltd

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Mapp Street 1
Belize City
Belize City
N/A
Belize
Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 3rd Oct 2014
steve1221

Even the guys doing for £100+ are using network 'insiders' to input the … Even the guys doing for £100+ are using network 'insiders' to input the phones imei into the Apple database on the sly.The phone's could be relocked if/when Apple realize or do an audit.The only safe way is through the network the phone was bought through. The max they charge is around 20 quid, so why [quote=steve1221]Even the guys doing for £100+ are using network 'insiders' to input the phones imei into the Apple database on the sly.The phone's could be relocked if/when Apple realize or do an audit.The only safe way is through the network the phone was bought through. The max they charge is around 20 quid, so why pay more ??

100% correct. +1
Original Poster
Thanks for the information and I appreciate the direction to WOT from simplyjimbo.
See what the credit card company says
did you managed to progress further with them?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions