Groups
    EXPIRED

OH *************. Advice neede re: Credit Card transfer possibly gone wrong!

******** ******* ************, I done a balance transfer earlier today for just over £1,000 and have just realised i may have given the wrong details for the funds to be credited to.

I distinctly remember the operator mentioning "the transaction is non reversible blah blah blah"

now i am seriously worried cos the money may have gone to someone elses Credit Card.

I know it's a stupid mistake to make but i was quite distracted at the time, and would really appreciate advice on what my rights are in getting my money back?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

6 Comments

are you sure they are wrong?
    phone and check with the company - confirm the details. then panic if its wrong and ask them for help

Y'know, I've never once submitted bank details without triple-checking that I have them 100% correct, and then waiting for five minutes before checking them one more time, to make sure I wasn't just being stupid the first four times. You should take this onboard for next time you give out your details. Although, I wouldn't be too worried at this point - you're not nearly as stupid as I am, so you probably gave the correct details first time, and are just winding yourself up now. Call them on Friday to confirm that they have the correct details. If you gave them the wrong ones the transaction will probably just bounce. If not, that's something to get to then.

Just to calm your nerves a bit, my dad has often put in the wrong details when doing a bank transfer from his bank account to my building society and although the money goes from your account it is held in limbo because the incorrect details have been given and it cannot be delivered, after 2 weeks (roughly) of been undeliverable the money has always been returned to his account - safe and sound.

Obviously I cannot guarentee this because I don't know your exact info, but this is just my similar situation and what happened every time (about 3 times)

Original Poster

dxx;3911694

Y'know, I've never once submitted bank details without triple-checking … Y'know, I've never once submitted bank details without triple-checking that I have them 100% correct, and then waiting for five minutes before checking them one more time, to make sure I wasn't just being stupid the first four times. You should take this onboard for next time you give out your details. Although, I wouldn't be too worried at this point - you're not nearly as stupid as I am, so you probably gave the correct details first time, and are just winding yourself up now. Call them on Friday to confirm that they have the correct details. If you gave them the wrong ones the transaction will probably just bounce. If not, that's something to get to then.

bonn1e;3911700

Just to calm your nerves a bit, my dad has often put in the wrong details … Just to calm your nerves a bit, my dad has often put in the wrong details when doing a bank transfer from his bank account to my building society and although the money goes from your account it is held in limbo because the incorrect details have been given and it cannot be delivered, after 2 weeks (roughly) of been undeliverable the money has always been returned to his account - safe and sound.Obviously I cannot guarentee this because I don't know your exact info, but this is just my similar situation and what happened every time (about 3 times)

thanx for the input guys:

FYI the payment was a Balance Transfer from my one CREDIT CARD to another CREDIT CARD which gives me 0% interest, This is a very worrying entry to the new year for me.

I once in the early days of the internet banking put in the wrong transfer details and the payment came back to me within two weeks, as it had no where to go. The banks are quite happy with that, as they are earning interest on it whilst it is in limbo.

I hope all is well for you.

if it is a valid account that it has gone to then unless the other people query it - you aint getting it back

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767344
    2. word association Game73944514
    3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions