Groups

oh dear could this be the end of more shops

The future of some of the high streets top names was thrown into doubt this morning as Baugur, the Icelandic retailer, looked poised to go into administration.

The company, which owns or controls British retailers like Iceland, the supermarket chain, toy store Hamleys, House of Fraser, Britain's number three department store chain, jewellery store, Goldsmiths, and fashion chain, Whistles, said it had applied to the District Court in Reykjavik to enter into the moratorium process

7 Comments

Original Poster

confused.com....... hasnt iceland just boutgh loads of empty woolworths stores and expanding?

MinstrelMan;4279473

confused.com....... hasnt iceland just boutgh loads of empty woolworths … confused.com....... hasnt iceland just boutgh loads of empty woolworths stores and expanding?

I hope so I love iceland x x

Baugur the Icelandic retailer

not iceland the shop

dmissy13;4279694

not iceland the shop

cheers x x :thumbsup:

dmissy13;4279694

not iceland the shop

"The company, which owns or controls British retailers like Iceland, the supermarket chain"

Strange seeing as they just decided to buy a load of shops. Maybe Iceland is doing well and the others aren't?

Not sure on the current situation with Iceland. I thought Walker had taken it back from Baugur.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten1720
      2. Cat Chat77749
      3. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....22
      4. Bearded chat1222

See more discussions