Groups

Oh dear how sad...

Banned
    Oh dear how sad...

14 Comments

Banned

they arent £5 each!

tescos, boots etc do 4 for about £4

Timpsons do them in most shops but £5.99 I think, but guaranteed to pass for the passports unlike the booth ones that I did with my 5 year old which got turned down.

csiman

they arent £5 each!tescos, boots etc do 4 for about £4

Tesco passport booths are awful, more like 5 or 6 quid too. You have limited attempts (3 i think) to get your face framed as you need it, by the time you've adjusted the seat and fixed yourself you need more like 5 or 6 attempts. And if you happen to blink on your last attempt. tough luck. I ended up battling with customer service for a refund, they caved in after about 20 mins of me banging on about how awful the machine is. The printed photos are also very soft focus, i wouldn't be 100% confident that that the passport office would accept them.

I ended up taking my shots at home using passport office guidelines, then paid 25p for a professional print. 25p instead of £6 and quality was far better and If I blinked I could simply take as many shots as I need.

theres a app on android do it yourself

Been a few deals on here recently for passport style photos so a search might prove useful. You can also take your own pictures, put them on an SD card or similar and print them off on a machine at Boots:

boots.com/en/…jCC

Original Poster Banned

McGill

Been a few deals on here recently for passport style photos so a search … Been a few deals on here recently for passport style photos so a search might prove useful. You can also take your own pictures, put them on an SD card or similar and print them off on a machine at Boots:http://www.boots.com/en/How-to-Process-Photos-in-Store_1127692/?cm_mmc_o=-uubkbzfwlCjCKww5kbELCjCvi%20i9%20niioCjCC

Probably the way to go, thanks for the replies guys.

The thing I don't like about photo booths now is that they have seemingly changed from four separate photos meaning you have choice to the same image repeated four times.

Granted it could mean consistency across id's but it's annoying if you screw it up.

Ungreat

The thing I don't like about photo booths now is that they have seemingly … The thing I don't like about photo booths now is that they have seemingly changed from four separate photos meaning you have choice to the same image repeated four times.Granted it could mean consistency across id's but it's annoying if you screw it up.

With a passport your two photos have to be identical. That would be hard to do with four separate images. You also get several chances to get it right before you print.

I still prefer to use Timpsons though.

Jessops but they cost more than £5 a set lol. I think the most important thing is if they are for passports is that the pictures are done right, because paying £5 could save you the passport application time.

Original Poster Banned

They are not for passports just need to be passport style, 1 is for student id another for travel card for my 2 sons. Going to take pics and try and use boots as suggested by mcgill....

Banned

spaceinvader

Tesco passport booths are awful, more like 5 or 6 quid too. You have … Tesco passport booths are awful, more like 5 or 6 quid too. You have limited attempts (3 i think) to get your face framed as you need it, by the time you've adjusted the seat and fixed yourself you need more like 5 or 6 attempts. And if you happen to blink on your last attempt. tough luck. I ended up battling with customer service for a refund, they caved in after about 20 mins of me banging on about how awful the machine is. The printed photos are also very soft focus, i wouldn't be 100% confident that that the passport office would accept them.I ended up taking my shots at home using passport office guidelines, then paid 25p for a professional print. 25p instead of £6 and quality was far better and If I blinked I could simply take as many shots as I need.

The tescos booth near me shows you the photos on screen and gives you the choice whether to accept them or re-take them

Banned

konimitsu

They are not for passports just need to be passport style, 1 is for … They are not for passports just need to be passport style, 1 is for student id another for travel card for my 2 sons. Going to take pics and try and use boots as suggested by mcgill....

or just print them yourself if you have a photo quality printer (photo paper costs about 25p for an A4 sheet)

It's very easy to do yourself providing you have a PC and a printer . I have always used PaintShopPro , resized the photos to 35mm x 45mm and press print .Trim them a leave a small border . Allways went though at the passport office .Since then I use a program that automatically resizes them and prints 4 to a page .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions