Groups

Oh know....advice please (WINCHELSEA SANDS, RYE)

Have booked a caravan down south with a holiday park over Easter. I have just got a voicemail from the manager saying can we bring wellies as they have had loads of rain down there. Am really worried now, whether we should go or not! Dont want to be caked in mud. Have tried calling back but they are closed. Think want to cancel really....but dont think they will let me

Its Winchelsea Sands (Park Holidays) in Rye

13 Comments

maybe if you say which park and where someone maybe be able to check it out for you, with photo proof so you can get your money back

Original Poster

wickedteen;8255983

maybe if you say which park and where someone maybe be able to check it … maybe if you say which park and where someone maybe be able to check it out for you, with photo proof so you can get your money back

Sorry, its Winchelsea Sands (Park Holidays) in Rye

hopefully someone lives near by and can help you out, all the best

Original Poster

wickedteen;8256006

hopefully someone lives near by and can help you out, all the best

Thanks Wickedteen

It's very localised.. maybe the field is muddy but most places around here are dry.. Rye is great in any weather and if you get some sunshine go down the road to Camber Sands.. you'll have a great time

Original Poster

Captain Hook;8256022

It's very localised.. maybe the field is muddy but most places around … It's very localised.. maybe the field is muddy but most places around here are dry.. Rye is great in any weather and if you get some sunshine go down the road to Camber Sands.. you'll have a great time

Ok thanks Hook. I stayed in Camber before (Pontins - oh what a place!). Beach in Camber was lovely though

some of the land around winchelsea is very low lying only a bit above sea level

wickedteen;8255983

maybe if you say which park and where someone maybe be able to check it … maybe if you say which park and where someone maybe be able to check it out for you, with photo proof so you can get your money back

I doubt you would get your money back because the site is a bit muddy

lots of places near by like hastings ashford is a short drive nice chippie at rye harbour

Original Poster

deanos;8256050

I doubt you would get your money back because the site is a bit muddy

From what the manager said, its completely waterlogged

bargainhunter2009;8256082

From what the manager said, its completely waterlogged

try and phone them see what they say, tell them you don't own wellies so they need to cover the cost at the very least.

Original Poster

leilahfun;8256115

try and phone them see what they say, tell them you don't own wellies so … try and phone them see what they say, tell them you don't own wellies so they need to cover the cost at the very least.

Will call tomorrow as manager said call normal office hours....thanks

Original Poster

Just to update - we moved sites, the other one (Winchelsea) was by all accounts waterlogged!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3581363
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2073

See more discussions