Groups

Oh noes..... xbox360 3 red lights!!!

Banned
    I suppose I should have expected it at some point - but just came home from work to find the kids unable to play their games!

It's an unmodded xbox (I'm not a tight ass - I pay for my games - no theft in my house!!!)

The console is literally 3 years old. Am I right in thinking the warrenty extension for this fault is 3 years?

Any links on what's the best way to go? Do they insist on a receipt? (I havent a clue where mine is - though it is filed away somewhere - and it might just be a couple of weeks past 3 years!) Haha - a time bomb huh!

28 Comments

Banned

ring them up on the xbox site they were very good with mine
    Assistance by phone:
    0800 587 1102
    or +44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    0800 587 1103
    Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

phone xbox support. they will help you and should tell you if it's in warranty.

3 red rings sucks but microsoft deal with it quite well.

Whats the manufacture date on the console? (is it bang on 3 years or slightly under/over?)

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4506892

ring them up on the xbox site they were very good with mine

Cool. Did they ask for a receipt and date of purchase? Is it likely I could get away with Saying March 06? (I'm fairly sure it was bought in Early February as it was bought in time for my littluns Birthday!)

Banned

put the hard of hearing number for you:w00t:

they will ask for the serial number on the back

when we had ours done it was all done by email quick response to emails sorry forgot to add no they didnt need receipt just number on xbox

When you give the serial number it will show them how long you have had it I think. I got mine from game, and when it got the rrod took it back and they swapped it over no questions asked, didn't even want to see a reciept!

Original Poster Banned

emasu;4506909

Whats the manufacture date on the console? (is it bang on 3 years or … Whats the manufacture date on the console? (is it bang on 3 years or slightly under/over?)

Good point!

Just checked. seems I got my dates mixed up! Date of manufacture was 2006 10 21 So still have 8 months left anyway!

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4506919

put the hard of hearing number for you:w00t:they will ask for the serial … put the hard of hearing number for you:w00t:they will ask for the serial number on the back

Ta.... will give them a ring (and get the kids off my back!) Takes about a month doesn't it? Do they collect / pay for postage or did I dream that bit?

guv;4507051

Ta.... will give them a ring (and get the kids off my back!) Takes about … Ta.... will give them a ring (and get the kids off my back!) Takes about a month doesn't it? Do they collect / pay for postage or did I dream that bit?

They arrange collection and re-delivery and they pay all postage costs, Ours had been back twice and both times took just under 2 weeks

they pay, you didnt dream

Original Poster Banned

bitseylango;4507058

They arrange collection and re-delivery and they pay all postage costs, … They arrange collection and re-delivery and they pay all postage costs, Ours had been back twice and both times took just under 2 weeks

strike;4507061

they pay, you didnt dream

Yeh.... good news all round! Do they repair or give a new one? (ie one that is less likely to red light?) hmm - Ok - looking at Bitseys reply - they don't!

They add new heatsinks etc, repalce the mobo.

Original Poster Banned

strike;4507087

They add new heatsinks etc, repalce the mobo.

Yeh, thought that would be the case. Shame, I'd like one with HDMI! :w00t:

guv;4507034

Good point! Just checked. seems I got my dates mixed up! Date of … Good point! Just checked. seems I got my dates mixed up! Date of manufacture was 2006 10 21 So still have 8 months left anyway!

guv;4507099

Yeh, thought that would be the case. Shame, I'd like one with HDMI! :w00t:

Buy an arcade, sure you can afford it, and sell the old xbx :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Cheers for the reply guys....... all repped.

Original Poster Banned

strike;4507124

Is there any value on a secondhand console without HDMI? I'd have thought it would be minimal. Havent even looked at current prices or know the differences between them. This one does have a hard drive though.

strike;4507124

I did this after ours was fixed the last time, put sons hardrive on it and sold the old on an auction site
    Also sold the memory card that came with the arcade and the old power block.....got well over half what i paid for the arcade :thumbsup:

Banned

guv;4507152

Is there any value on a secondhand console without HDMI? I'd have thought … Is there any value on a secondhand console without HDMI? I'd have thought it would be minimal. Havent even looked at current prices or know the differences between them. This one does have a hard drive though.

I sold mine on here :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

bitseylango;4507157

I did this after ours was fixed the last time, put sons hardrive on it … I did this after ours was fixed the last time, put sons hardrive on it and sold the old on an auction site :)Also sold the memory card that came with the arcade and the old power block.....got well over half what i paid for the arcade :thumbsup:

Yeh, certainly worth thinking about.

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4507166

By proxy?

dog_cop;4507166

i couldnt have put up with all the carp on here TBH.....I have never bought or sold here, but have seen the pettiness that goes on so I took some advice from Sy and went elsewhere

Don't give up all hope of a replacement. I bought my brother a premium 360 and sent it back when it got the RROD and got back a new console with HDMI...............however, on the flipside, when my Elite got it they repaired it.

Seems to be a bit like a lucky dip.

bitseylango;4507204

so I took some advice from Sy and went elsewhere

And got more than you would of here. :-D :thumbsup:

guv;4507152

Is there any value on a secondhand console without HDMI? I'd have thought … Is there any value on a secondhand console without HDMI? I'd have thought it would be minimal. Havent even looked at current prices or know the differences between them. This one does have a hard drive though.

Well i would be interested mate. I would only need consoole only and used xbox arcade style go for around 60.

I would not need the hard drive, and would reccomend you keep the hard drive, nor would i need any cables, :thumbsup:

Banned

:thumbsup:

guv;4507175

By proxy?

yes with some bumpage and trolling :thumbsup: but no ban

Original Poster Banned

bitseylango;4507204

i couldnt have put up with all the carp on here TBH.....I have never … i couldnt have put up with all the carp on here TBH.....I have never bought or sold here, but have seen the pettiness that goes on so I took some advice from Sy and went elsewhere

Me neither!

Syzable;4507208

Don't give up all hope of a replacement. I bought my brother a premium … Don't give up all hope of a replacement. I bought my brother a premium 360 and sent it back when it got the RROD and got back a new console with HDMI...............however, on the flipside, when my Elite got it they repaired it. Seems to be a bit like a lucky dip.

Fingers crossed then!

strike;4507218

Well i would be interested mate. I would only need consoole only and used … Well i would be interested mate. I would only need consoole only and used xbox arcade style go for around 60. I would not need the hard drive, and would reccomend you keep the hard drive, nor would i need any cables, :thumbsup:

Hopefully they'll sort me - but will bare in mind if I do decide to replace.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24103
      3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160

See more discussions