Oh the horror! Please march for their human rights!?

Two Easyjet passengers were removed from an overbooked flight and not offered compensation a day after a United Airlines passenger was dragged off a plane in the US.

The British couple were due to fly from Luton Airport to Catania in Sicily on Monday last week.

After boarding the aircraft they were asked to leave by staff because the plane had been overbooked.

Easyjet has apologised and blamed human error for the situation.
The two passengers, who had booked non-refundable accommodation in Italy, were told that the next available Easyjet flight was four days later.

The airline failed to tell them they were entitled to a flight the same day with another airline, or to compensation as stipulated under EU rules.

Top comments

So OP has 'imagined' that people should protest about this - and is moaning about the imagined absurdity of this imagined protest. Is this the matrix or something ?

davewave

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Two Easyjet passengers were removed from an … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Two Easyjet passengers were removed from an overbooked flight and not offered compensation a day after a United Airlines passenger was dragged off a plane in the US.The British couple were due to fly from Luton Airport to Catania in Sicily on Monday last week.After boarding the aircraft they were asked to leave by staff because the plane had been overbooked.Easyjet has apologised and blamed human error for the situation.The two passengers, who had booked non-refundable accommodation in Italy, were told that the next available Easyjet flight was four days later.The airline failed to tell them they were entitled to a flight the same day with another airline, or to compensation as stipulated under EU rules.\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another column that represents your view(s).
22 Comments

Original Poster

https://i.imgflip.com/fes8p.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9IK3MJUMAEOgXE.jpg

I'm sure there will be some 'serial protestors' in London with nothing on this week, just get it trending on whatever, job done.

Please march for KID FREE FLIGHTS! No kids in any class on the plane! Oh please....:D

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Sorry dave but I don't see anything there about anybody 'protesting'just … Sorry dave but I don't see anything there about anybody 'protesting'just customers(like you and I) who felt they were hard done by

exactly, put down the leftover lamb and east eggs and start marching.

What a weird angle you've decided to take oO The article mentions nothing about protesting?

The two people will obviously feel hard done by as they've now got 4 days knocked off their holiday which they paid for due to Easyjet's incompetence. You're acting like you wouldn't be peed off if your hard earned holiday was cut short by four days by no fault of your own...

groenleader

Please march for KID FREE FLIGHTS! No kids in any class on the plane! Oh … Please march for KID FREE FLIGHTS! No kids in any class on the plane! Oh please....:D

I find a combination of Bose noise cancelling earphones, red wine and valium help enormously with that issue. I managed a 8hr flight sat next to a screaming kid and wasn't disturbed.

davewave

exactly, put down the leftover lamb and east eggs and start marching.

Okaaaayy
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cJmaX6l1SuA/VXXEJj3obQI/AAAAAAAHpis/qqmLipR6IXw/w400-h272/cat.gif

davewave

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Two Easyjet passengers were removed from an … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Two Easyjet passengers were removed from an overbooked flight and not offered compensation a day after a United Airlines passenger was dragged off a plane in the US.The British couple were due to fly from Luton Airport to Catania in Sicily on Monday last week.After boarding the aircraft they were asked to leave by staff because the plane had been overbooked.Easyjet has apologised and blamed human error for the situation.The two passengers, who had booked non-refundable accommodation in Italy, were told that the next available Easyjet flight was four days later.The airline failed to tell them they were entitled to a flight the same day with another airline, or to compensation as stipulated under EU rules.\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another column that represents your view(s).

Well they have got it in the news , EasyJet admitted "human error" caused the problem . Seems like a free holiday and a couple of grand compo is coming their way - Job done , end of .

Saturn

You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another … You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another column that represents your view(s).

+1

dave you still in the huff after the united airlines thread?

I may be oblivious to the obvious here, but here goes anyway...

1. How do they determine who is the overbooked passenger/s?.
2. If the passengers have already sat down on the plane, then there was room for them in the first place?.

groenleader

Please march for KID FREE FLIGHTS! No kids in any class on the plane! Oh … Please march for KID FREE FLIGHTS! No kids in any class on the plane! Oh please....:D

​all this thread needs is a link on mumsnet, sit back and wait for entertainment.

So OP has 'imagined' that people should protest about this - and is moaning about the imagined absurdity of this imagined protest. Is this the matrix or something ?

Fly with cheapo easyjet ryanair etc and this is what you get never had any problems with ba

Saturn

You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another … You could always email Kelvin Mackenzie, and see if he will write another column that represents your view(s).

​Dave seems to have gone awfully silent again....

waterloo

Fly with cheapo easyjet ryanair etc and this is what you get never had … Fly with cheapo easyjet ryanair etc and this is what you get never had any problems with ba

I'm quite sure BA also has 'issues' from time-to-time X)

What's really shocking is that some sad do hasn't started up a campaign to get everyone in social media land to sign their crappy electronic petition that would surely make everything alright again .?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions