Groups

Oh to be a civil servant!

A chap goes to the Post Office to apply for a job.
    The interviewer asks him, 'Are you allergic to anything?'
    He says 'Yes - just caffeine'
    'Have you ever been in the services?'
    'Yes,' he says. 'I was in Iraq for two years.'
    The interviewer says, 'That will give you 5 extra points toward employment,' and then asks,
    'Are you disabled in any way?
    The guy says, 'Yes 100%...an IED exploded near me and blew my testicles off.'
    The interviewer tells the guy,
    'O.K. In that case, I can hire you right now.
    Normal hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM.
    You can start tomorrow at 10:00 -
    and plan on starting at 10 AM every day.'
    The chap is puzzled and says, 'If the hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM,
    Why don't you want me to be here before 10 AM?
    'This is a government job,' the interviewer says.
    'For the first two hours we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls.
    No point in you coming in for that.'

6 Comments

lmao love it

Loooooooool

Love it , but do you know how close you are to real life !
    A friend of ours son started working in the it department of a certain government agency , he was the new boy really keen , working hard , extra effort. You would think good , but no he was told in no uncertain terms that he was working to hard and other people were couldnt keep up !

he he very good! :thumbsup:

Haha, you forgot smoking.

crunch;2224500

Love it , but do you know how close you are to real life !A friend of … Love it , but do you know how close you are to real life !A friend of ours son started working in the it department of a certain government agency , he was the new boy really keen , working hard , extra effort. You would think good , but no he was told in no uncertain terms that he was working to hard and other people were couldnt keep up !

I've heard of this happen to people! (not at places where I've worked, but friends of friends!!!) :thinking:

New people working hard have been seen as threats and asked to slow down!! :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764458
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1422
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846250
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48310863

See more discussions