'Ok Google' Question

Found 11th Aug 2017
So with my Noka 6, I could say "Ok google, tell me a joke" and it would literally speak it.
Now when I say it to my Xperia, it just searches google for jokes lol

If I ask for the time, she says it, but most other commands don't work as they did on the Nokia. Any ideas? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Have you tried googling it?
Sounds like Google Assistant is on the Nokia and not the Xperia.
bynouk24 m ago

Sounds like Google Assistant is on the Nokia and not the Xperia.

How would I get assistant, or is that not possible?
Works on Sony z2
nut141 h, 38 m ago

Works on Sony z2

Do I need to install something?
There should be a setting in the assistant configuration for speech out - see my screen shot. Theoretically that should be enough. What I have noticed is that it depends on which version of android you have denotes whether you get a comprehensive experience or a trimmed down one....
31676633-rh6h2.jpg
The Ok google bit is there but the 'talk to google assistant' wording isn't underneath it...
It looks like I need to install google assistant but have no idea how...
I am on Android 7.1.1
superfreddy40 m ago

It looks like I need to install google assistant but have no idea how... I …It looks like I need to install google assistant but have no idea how... I am on Android 7.1.1

I think on the Experia you need to factory reset and set the language to English United States. Try just setting the language and restart it. If that doesn't work factory reset it. Take a look at this Forum
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 12th Aug 2017
Dannyrobbo2 h, 4 m ago

I think on the Experia you need to factory reset and set the language to …I think on the Experia you need to factory reset and set the language to English United States. Try just setting the language and restart it. If that doesn't work factory reset it. Take a look at this Forum

No luck, but thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants