OK how do I chip my Wii?

I've got a brand new wii, and need to know how to chip it.

I basically want a solderless solution, even though I'm good at soldering and could do it, I don't really wanna have anything soldered to the insides.

I don't have a clue what I should be looking for. But I'm planning on playing my backups and possibly running some homebrew software on it.

Which wii chip do I need? And which one is the best?

31 Comments

use a wii clip its a solderless solution, hardest part is taking the wii apart and putting back together

i got this one ]http//ww…172

but make sure its compatible with wii you have before deciding

if you have the latest board try this one

]http//ww…180

Original Poster

How do I know if it's compatible?

rash;2512656

How do I know if it's compatible?

check your serial number (mines on bottom off wii)

Serial Number Start on : Serial LEH 18447XXX All is Latest D2C2 board

Original Poster

If I open Wii will it void warranty? Do they have the stickers which they can check if you opened it?

Jumpingphil;2512663

How do I know which board I have and what is compatible with it.I bought … How do I know which board I have and what is compatible with it.I bought my Wii in March.Thanks.

]http//ww…tml

rash;2512675

If I open Wii will it void warranty? Do they have the stickers which they … If I open Wii will it void warranty? Do they have the stickers which they can check if you opened it?

yes it will void the warranty, unless your really really careful they will be able to tell

Original Poster

Why not one of the other chips like Wasabi? Is the one you have the best one?

rash;2512707

Why not one of the other chips like Wasabi? Is the one you have the best … Why not one of the other chips like Wasabi? Is the one you have the best one?

dont know what makes one better than another, i got mine cause it was presoldered onto the wii clip so was very easy to do, has worked perfectly fine with every game and updates so can definatly recommend that particular one!

each to there own tho! :thumbsup:

onlyme23;2512688

yes it will void the warranty, unless your really really careful they … yes it will void the warranty, unless your really really careful they will be able to tell

They tell you this, but the law doesn't work like that.

If what you did caused your product to fail, then they are right to void the warranty.

thesaint;2512742

They tell you this, but the law doesn't work like that.If what you did … They tell you this, but the law doesn't work like that.If what you did caused your product to fail, then they are right to void the warranty.

i agree wasnt okaying it, its the risk you take

tis simple really you value the warranty dont chip it

onlyme23;2512757

i agree wasnt okaying it, its the risk you taketis simple really you … i agree wasnt okaying it, its the risk you taketis simple really you value the warranty dont chip it

And if you love relying on a warranty get a 360:whistling: (yes i am a 360 owner and not a ps3 fanboy)

Original Poster

harlzter;2512795

And if you love relying on a warranty get a 360:whistling: (yes i am a … And if you love relying on a warranty get a 360:whistling: (yes i am a 360 owner and not a ps3 fanboy)

I'm not going to buy a cr*ppy 360 just cos it's got better warranty. I've played on the 360, it's no where near as good as the Wii.

Anyway is there anything else I should know, like I've heard certain games come with Wii updates and these updates could brick my Wii, should I be worried about that?

rash;2512927

I'm not going to buy a cr*ppy 360 just cos it's got better warranty. I've … I'm not going to buy a cr*ppy 360 just cos it's got better warranty. I've played on the 360, it's no where near as good as the Wii.Anyway is there anything else I should know, like I've heard certain games come with Wii updates and these updates could brick my Wii, should I be worried about that?

I think that may have been with the earlier chips, mine updates fine with no probs so far, and with the wii clip you can always remove and restore it to a unchipped state hence no longer bein bricked if that should ever be a issue

what can you do with a wii chip/

ADZ1478;2514000

what can you do with a wii chip/

ermm chip your wii?

so u can play 'backup' games

Great advice everyone, I'm getting a Wii this week so you've all helped me alot

BTW noob question I know, butcan you still officially update your Wii and play online after it's chipped?

Original Poster

robtallica;2516515

Great advice everyone, I'm getting a Wii this week so you've all helped … Great advice everyone, I'm getting a Wii this week so you've all helped me alot :)BTW noob question I know, butcan you still officially update your Wii and play online after it's chipped?

Yeah thats a good question? Will I still be able to play online after getting it chipped?

Yeah Thanks alot onlyme23 a great help.

I know you can play chipped xbox 360s online so I assume you can with chipped wiis.

robtallica;2516515

Great advice everyone, I'm getting a Wii this week so you've all helped … Great advice everyone, I'm getting a Wii this week so you've all helped me alot :)BTW noob question I know, butcan you still officially update your Wii and play online after it's chipped?

simple answer... yes

rash;2517103

Yeah thats a good question? Will I still be able to play online after … Yeah thats a good question? Will I still be able to play online after getting it chipped?Yeah Thanks alot onlyme23 a great help.

Your welcome happy to help

I dont regret chipping mine one bit!!

one thing i would advise is follow a online guide about how to dismantle your wii and keep all the screws safe.. theres alot of them!!

Original Poster

Abvance;2517210

I know you can play chipped xbox 360s online so I assume you can with … I know you can play chipped xbox 360s online so I assume you can with chipped wiis.

I'm not quite sure about that, I've read that nintendo are quite strict about this. But if the console thinks the game is genuine then why would we not be able to play online?

rash;2517243

I'm not quite sure about that, I've read that nintendo are quite strict … I'm not quite sure about that, I've read that nintendo are quite strict about this. But if the console thinks the game is genuine then why would we not be able to play online?

the system itself isnt modified just the response sent to the dvd drive so it shouldnt affect online play at all... mine dont

onlyme23;2517296

the system itself isnt modified just the response sent to the dvd drive … the system itself isnt modified just the response sent to the dvd drive so it shouldnt affect online play at all... mine dont

thx for your help, you sound pretty up with the whole Wii chipping stuff.

What chip would you recommend I use?

robtallica;2517600

thx for your help, you sound pretty up with the whole Wii chipping … thx for your help, you sound pretty up with the whole Wii chipping stuff.What chip would you recommend I use?

far from it im afraid i researched and chipped mine and thats bout the extent of it!

Only one i can recommend is the one i posted earlier as using myself, but it all depends on what version of board you have in your wii

I would defaintly recommend using the wii clip and presoldered chip tho, makes it so much easier and takes away the risk of soldering, and makes it possible for ANYONE to chip the wii its literally clip it on, and is also removable if you get problems later on!

hope that helps some

it's illegal to chip your wii and use pirate software.... should this be on the forum?

rash;2512927

I'm not going to buy a cr*ppy 360 just cos it's got better warranty. I've … I'm not going to buy a cr*ppy 360 just cos it's got better warranty. I've played on the 360, it's no where near as good as the Wii.Anyway is there anything else I should know, like I've heard certain games come with Wii updates and these updates could brick my Wii, should I be worried about that?

you can't compare the 360 to the wii, it's totally different. PS3 all the way, not a fan boy, but someone who appreciates that the 360 is poor compared. the wii is awesome for fun if you don't mind the poor graphics.

jakenjo;2624640

it's illegal to chip your wii and use pirate software.... should this be … it's illegal to chip your wii and use pirate software.... should this be on the forum?

But it is not illegal to chip a Wii.

jakenjo;2624640

it's illegal to chip your wii and use pirate software.... should this be … it's illegal to chip your wii and use pirate software.... should this be on the forum?

like he said its not illegal to chip it, pirating software is sure but backing up games u already own isnt :thumbsup:

Original Poster

OK guys my Wii serial number starts like LEH1944......

Which solderless chip do i need?

Original Poster

Anyone got any ideas??????

rash;2661134

OK guys my Wii serial number starts like LEH1944......Which solderless … OK guys my Wii serial number starts like LEH1944......Which solderless chip do i need?

]http//ww…186
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523399
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356129
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…89
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763826

See more discussions