Groups

Ok I'm brain dead is lead a non ferrous metal?

loltrying to work out what metal merchants to take my bundle of lead to but need to know if lead is a non ferrous metal or not as one of the local scrap metal places only takes in non ferrous metals

11 Comments

ferrous means IRON

Banned

rangermastiffs;2609995

ferrous means IRON

not quite. ferrum means iron.

ferrous means containing iron (steel is ferrous).

Original Poster

year 10 lol cant recall doing resistant materials subject at school

thanks for the info

csiman;2610005

not quite. ferrum means iron.ferrous means containing iron (steel is … not quite. ferrum means iron.ferrous means containing iron (steel is ferrous).

What I meant, you just explain it better:p

aluminium, copper, lead. zinc and tin are all none ferrous so yes take it to your local dealer ....make sure you get a good price its very dear now

Banned

Make sure you wash your hands before eating or sticking those fingers in your mouth, probably why you're brain dead.

Original Poster

lumoruk;2610068

Make sure you wash your hands before eating or sticking those fingers in … Make sure you wash your hands before eating or sticking those fingers in your mouth, probably why you're brain dead.

:w00t:

Why don't you just give it back to the church.
    That leak is getting much worse now. :w00t:

Banned

Alot of my family are in the metal stockist industry, and yes lead is:thumbsup:

Make sure ya lead is clean (don't leave fittings on it) and check 2 or 3 yards for best price.

Use a magnet to check any other metal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1423
      2. word survey79
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions