OK, let's put my weather theory on the table

15 replies
Found 19th Jul 2007
I have figured that the weather is all out of sync and has been for the past 18months. Global warming? Who knows. But I hereby predict the hottest August on record. The reason for this is that the weather seems to have jumped back by approx five to six weeks. We are experiencing late May/early June weather at the moment.
I correctly predicted, within a few days, that there would be snow laying on the ground on my birthday in late March. I also predicted that we would have no kind of winter and autumn gales in December. So it may be advisable to put back the holidays by a month or so LOL

1. Misc
  2. Table
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Table
16 Comments

Hope your theory is right Scribbles.

No good me - off on my hols on Saturday !!!

We had the warmest April on record though... how does that fit in?

Admin

And what about all the flooding? Does that tie in anywhere?....

Last couple of days have been really hot, But today its been chucking it down!

Still hot around here but raining yesterday

jah128

Exactly what I was gonna say!

odriscoll

Still hot around here but raining yesterday

It's rained every day here in the North East for the past 75 years.......well very nearly.LOL.
Seriously though,you just can't plan a barbecue can you.It doesn't matter that you can start the day with glorious sun,at any time it can change and the heavens open up and wash everything away.:-(

Think that is why all the shops are desperately trying to shift their barbecue stuff!

Been hot here for days!!

It sure is strange weather, About 2 hours ago it was the heaviest rain i've seen for years, Now the sun is out again and its getting warm again!

Just waiting for the planet to explode now!, lol!

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

And what about all the flooding? Does that tie in anywhere?....

April showers? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jah128

Imagine all four seasons as layers in a photoshop image. Merge the four layers together without completely matching them up ... like those old 3D cinema glasses if you like. Maybe you could say that we now have three seasons with the weather from all four in the mix? Like an overlap.
You have a summer from April to September, with components of spring thrown in. An autumn from Oct to Dec, with components of winter thrown in (the odd sharp frost, maybe an arctic snap followed by a quick thaw). Etc.
That's my theory anyway.

It's a scorcher here today.......but rain predicted for Fri, Sat, Sun

so does that mean that in time we could be having a hot sunny christmas round the Barbi ???? * i wonder if down under is having the same effect, they could end up with snow on christmas day ~ how bizarre!

I finally managed to get my motorised dish sorted yesterday in what was the only dry day we've had here in ages, today I've cut all the hedges, the grass and strimmed the jungle that was growing at the end of the garden.

Just come in to have a cool down, but hopefully this is the start of the summer. Although the kids break up here tomorrow and that usually spells the end of the good weather (all 2 days of it)

In the words of the immortal Jim Royle " Global Warming my A**e!:whistling: "
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769207
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710970
    3. Add one, leave one game54315386
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would34138

See more discussions