Groups
    EXPIRED

Ok, so I am going to try and cancel my Orange Contract tonight.............

but I think they are going to make it really difficult or impossible for me to do so. I am 15 months in to an 18 month contract that has 1200 cross network minutes and unlimited text messaging. I have never gone over my allowance (but the whole reason for getting 1200 minutes was so that I always had enough). I sometimes use 0844 numbers but not that often, maybe once or twice a month. I always have about £4 worth of calls that aren't included in my plan on each bill but god knows what they are for!

I have seen that they are now saying if you have not gone over your allowance in the last three months, they won't cancel the contract. I don't understand how they can say that, how do they know you won't go over in the future?

Can anyone give me some tips on what to say as I am really unsure. I don't want to get angry at them if they keep saying they do not have to cancel my contract so I want to be able to prove to them that I am entitled to cancel.

Thanks

13 Comments

Use the guide.

I dialled 150 and went through the menus, was all done in 5 mins.

Original Poster

hornblowerracing;5980686

Use the guide. I dialled 150 and went through the menus, was all done in … Use the guide. I dialled 150 and went through the menus, was all done in 5 mins.

What guide? Bitterwallet?

Does this only work for those who've received the text?

If you do cancel, and aren't bothered about your number, I resigned to Orange after cancelling, went through Dial a Phone, that contract you have, 1200mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web . . . with a free N97 for £35 per month

Good luck!

Original Poster

mbgringo;5980713

If you do cancel, and aren't bothered about your number, I resigned to … If you do cancel, and aren't bothered about your number, I resigned to Orange after cancelling, went through Dial a Phone, that contract you have, 1200mins, unlimited texts, unlimited web . . . with a free N97 for £35 per monthGood luck!

No, I am not bothered about keeping my number. Am I right in thinking that because I don't want to keep my number that I don't need a PAC Code?

Original Poster

What jerk expired my post?

Mods please unexpire!

kimbyanne;5980777

No, I am not bothered about keeping my number. Am I right in thinking … No, I am not bothered about keeping my number. Am I right in thinking that because I don't want to keep my number that I don't need a PAC Code?

yep u right :thumbsup:

Original Poster

malloc;5980874

yep u right :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will try and cancel tonight.

Is there a guide anyway that explains how to go about doing this, such as what to say to them. I know I am within my rights to cancel but I don't know the legal wording!

kimbyanne;5980891

Thanks, I will try and cancel tonight. Is there a guide anyway that … Thanks, I will try and cancel tonight. Is there a guide anyway that explains how to go about doing this, such as what to say to them. I know I am within my rights to cancel but I don't know the legal wording!

When you ring up and ask to cancel they should tell you right away if you are eligible to cancel. If they don't then just ask them straight up..."Am I eligible to cancel due to the recent changes?"
    If they say yes then cancel.

I'm curious though, why cancel when you only have few months left?
    Why not wait and get a better offer in 3months time, you'd most likely save money in the long term.

Original Poster

King of Thieves;5980938

When you ring up and ask to cancel they should tell you right away if you … When you ring up and ask to cancel they should tell you right away if you are eligible to cancel. If they don't then just ask them straight up..."Am I eligible to cancel due to the recent changes?"If they say yes then cancel.I'm curious though, why cancel when you only have few months left?Why not wait and get a better offer in 3months time, you'd most likely save money in the long term.

Well mainly because the signal is pretty rubbish, I rarely come near or go over 1200 minutes and I want to go back to PAYG.

kimbyanne;5980962

Well mainly because the signal is pretty rubbish, I rarely come near or … Well mainly because the signal is pretty rubbish, I rarely come near or go over 1200 minutes and I want to go back to PAYG.

Fair enough, hope you don't run into any problems when trying to cancel :thumbsup:

There's a 72 page thread over on MSE dedicated to cancelling your Orange contract at the moment. Just search 'Orange Price Changes'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions