Groups

Ok. So what's a so called "megathread" all about.

Bar,an attention seeking thirst.

How is this defined.

How can someone claim this heading in advance....

27 Comments

My interpretation would be a thread where someone collates items from several different sources and makes a commitment to keeping it up to date. This lets people compare similar offerings from different places at a glance.

Original Poster

Thank you beer man

I'm on my third cobra as we speak.

Please don't end the thread,I'd like to hear what the others think
    X

Another definition*:
    A topic/thread on an internet chat board/forum that receives an excessively high quantity of responses, regardless of adhering to the subject matter, or the usefulness to anybody else.

* This is an official response (in advance).

Welcome back

Original Poster

dtovey89

Welcome back

Morning love

Err... why was my comment removed?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/_fanpages/Comment%203_zps0i7n7leu.jpg
    Edited by: "fanpages" 9th Nov 2016

Banned

Think it's all to do with getting the red deal badge.

Yeah, what you said at the start.

SuperEd

fanpages

Err... why was my comment removed?

Looks like was double posted fanpages and removed in error, fixed

Yup, they should be in misc... People find deals, then someone collates them and puts them in one thread to get HEAT!

goonertillidie

Looks like was double posted fanpages and removed in error, fixed

Thanks. I clicked [POST COMMENT] & ELVIS' may have been editing the thread description (or somebody else was moving the thread to the "Ask" Forum) at the same time, so the submission just 'hung'.

When I refreshed the page, my comment was not there so I posted it again.

Then, as you said, if there was a "double post" then both were removed (in error).

E peen lengtheners is what they are.

Even when a deal is over or the thread is redundant, the op keeps bumping and adding unnecessarily.

benjammin316

E peen lengtheners is what they are. Even when a deal is over or the … E peen lengtheners is what they are. Even when a deal is over or the thread is redundant, the op keeps bumping and adding unnecessarily.

(Cough)
    [ hotukdeals.com/fee…403 ]

It's basically people posting stuff that is nowhere near good enough to have it's own post.
    9/10 it's filled with a load of rubbish but gets voted just for the effort.

Original Poster

teh arn

It's basically people posting stuff that is nowhere near good enough to … It's basically people posting stuff that is nowhere near good enough to have it's own post.9/10 it's filled with a load of rubbish but gets voted just for the effort.

That made me laugh
    Edited by: "ELVIS_THE_PELVIS" 9th Nov 2016

It's a thread... that is mega

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

It's a thread... that is mega

That is not very constructive

Mmmmeeoowww

Xxxx

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

That is not very constructive MmmmeeoowwwXxxx

I think both definitions apply

mega
    ˈmɛɡə/
    informal
    adjective
    very large; huge.
    "he has signed a mega deal to make five movies"
    excellent.
    "it will be a mega film"

...or should apply, to be a true mega thread.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

I think both definitions apply :)megaˈmɛɡə/informaladjective1.very large; … I think both definitions apply :)megaˈmɛɡə/informaladjective1.very large; huge."he has signed a mega deal to make five movies"2.excellent."it will be a mega film"...or should apply, to be a true mega thread.

How do they know this in advance of posting.........

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

How do they know this in advance of posting.........

I think you're supposed to put in tons of work, with a lot of good will and hope people will like it. But it needs to be an extraordinary amount of work, otherwise it's just a thread.

This was my best effort:

hotukdeals.com/mis…111

It got misc'ed though. It wasn't considered good enough and probably too niche for deals. Which is fine, just using it as an example of effort. Probably not complicated enough. Unlike the SIM only deals, or booze megathread, which are truly epic.
    Edited by: "MSK." 9th Nov 2016

Perhaps you shouldn't be able to call your own thread a megathread, perhaps it should be down to the reader to tag it so?

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

I think you're supposed to put in tons of work, with a lot of good will … I think you're supposed to put in tons of work, with a lot of good will and hope people will like it. But it needs to be an extraordinary amount of work, otherwise it's just a thread.This was my best effort:http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/lg-g2-owners-accessory-megathread-2070111It got misc'ed though. It wasn't considered good enough for deals. Which is fine, just using it as an example of effort. Probably not complicated enough. Unlike the SIM only deals, which is truly epic.

Why did you paste your thread

MrScotchBonnet

Think it's all to do with getting the red deal badge.Yeah, what you said … Think it's all to do with getting the red deal badge.Yeah, what you said at the start.

I did mine out of spite/annoyance.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 9th Nov 2016

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

Why did you paste your thread

Because it's an example of a not very mega megathread.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Because it's an example of a not very mega megathread.

oO

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

oO

Well I didn't expect you to remember it, the others examples I gave are famous threads IMO.

Guessing you're too far gone to find the others I was comparing to, so here you go:

hotukdeals.com/dea…975

hotukdeals.com/dea…213

Much higher effort.

Is the OP beered up as usual?

He asks for an example of a megathread so MSK obliges. He then proceeds to ask her why she pasted her thread oO

Welcome back indeed Pelvis. You've been missed my son
    Edited by: "dtovey89" 9th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …155378
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1320
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764529
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1744

See more discussions