Groups

Ok.. this is my first "how much is thsi worth" thread.. So some good input required

Hi,
    I have an Olympus E520 with a 14-42mm Lens (barely 8 months old) I also have a Olympus 18-180mm lens barely 2 months old. Everything is original within the 2 yr warranty and is spotless.
    Also included is a Samsonite holster DSLR bag, 2 UV filters for the 14-42mm, CP filter and a coupel fo other filters. Also included is original manual, box, cables, CDs etc. Everything is pretty much brand new. Now I need to release some cash for a Laptop.
    Also included is a spare battery and a 2 GB CF card.
    I am thinking £580.

8 Comments

id pay tree fiddy

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6878325

id pay tree fiddy

Thank for the input!

Cameras worth around £200 second hand, lens possibly a little bit more. £580 isn't bad given the cost but I'd be surprised if you managed to get that much (depends a lot where and how you sell them)...

Original Poster

£349->£200 thats a massive hit and the lens well, it is cheapest at £419, surely cant halve in price. can it? Hmmm.. any thoughts?

For things like L series Canon Lenses and top range Nikon VR lenses these hold their money well but standard Olympus lenses and cameras won't hold their money as well. :thumbsup:
    Prob get good money on ebay for them but you'll have fees also to consider.

unileeds;6879176

£349-£200 thats a massive hit and the lens well, it is cheapest at £419, … £349->£200 thats a massive hit and the lens well, it is cheapest at £419, surely cant halve in price. can it? Hmmm.. any thoughts?

Guess it depends if you are asking what price should I ask for, or what price should I consider taking if offered. I was working on cheapest new price - 30% so its probably a bit more than £200 for the camera + kit lens, particularly if you bundle with the cards and bag and extra battery - you might get close to £250. The lens again take 30% of cheapest retail, so if you're lucky close to £300 if £420 is current market value..

I would pay £400 for it.

Original Poster

I am afraid.. £400 is way to less. I can sell the 18-180mm lens on its own for arounfd £300 (£289) online or at the various camera exchange shops.

But thanks for the input guys.

Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1832
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214454
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129

See more discussions