Ok, Vista users, right click your taskbar, does Task Manager come up, or is it blanked out?

21 replies
Found 24th Aug 2008
Right, I have had issues here, check this out tho.

Ctrl Alt and Delete, no task manager, right click the taskbar, no task manager.

So ok, go online and find a regfix, type regedit, and REGEDIT is disabled!!

Now, I dont know what is going on here, all I know is this. . . .

Its happened on my home pc, a XP pc that diddnt go online, another Vista machine that has NEVER gone online. Its not a piece of software, me thinks something is going on.

1. Misc
  2. Windows
20 Comments

Fine for me too on Vista

me three

Hey

On my visa laptop.. there is a 3 - 4 second delay when clicking ctl - alt - dlt
before the options page comes up..

Maybe try holding the buttons a bit longer ???

Afraid that's as good as my tech knowledge gets..

Long time since I tried and deleted Visa, but afair it's 'control-shift-escape' to bring up the task manager.

Original Poster

ljfx;2815035

Comes up fine for meHave a look ]here Looks like a common problem

yer ive done alot of research on it, only finding regedit fixes, no actual solution.

I can get it back, but when I reboot, it goes again.

Mine comes up fine (Vista)

Original Poster

Meangreenie;2815064

Long time since I tried and deleted Visa, but afair it's … Long time since I tried and deleted Visa, but afair it's 'control-shift-escape' to bring up the task manager.

yes it is, you can also use ctrl alt and delete, and the taskbar. Neither brings it up for me. im surpirsed others have not had this yet. Its happened on 3 of my pc's so far, and one of them has no software on it at all

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you got the same problem which I had, are you using it under administration account? I had delete the account so like that it came back!! I tried everything but no luck!! So as said before had to delete the whole account and create a new one!

Had some sort of Malware which is hard to remove!

me fine too

Original Poster

Naeem786;2815084

Od dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you got the same problem which I had, … Od dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you got the same problem which I had, are you using it under administration account?

umm, yer, but aint u supposed to?

I had this problem in windows xp a while ago. Never did solve it. Just reformatted.

aircanman;2815100

umm, yer, but aint u supposed to?

Thats what I was doing and its not recommended to do this as if its gtes hacked then the hacker had admin privlidges!!

I have edited my post above to show how I resolved the problem!

in my experience having task manager and regedit disabled has always been down to malware/virii

Original Poster

Naeem786;2815114

Thats what I was doing and its not recommended to do this as if its gtes … Thats what I was doing and its not recommended to do this as if its gtes hacked then the hacker had admin privlidges!!I have edited my post above to show how I resolved the problem!

so ur saying I need to delete all my files and then remove the account. I would need to create a new account first tho yer? cos once the main admin accoutn is gone you cant change any settings!

finez 4 mwah

aircanman;2815131

so ur saying I need to delete all my files and then remove the account. … so ur saying I need to delete all my files and then remove the account. I would need to create a new account first tho yer? cos once the main admin accoutn is gone you cant change any settings!

Basically I transferred all my stuff onto a external HD and created a new account which was a admin one and one which was admin make that a normal one and delete it! Then create another account and use that and only use the admin one for when your messing with the settings!

Original Poster

hmmm, I always use the admin account. perhaps I wont from now on.

Cheers, will do that soon.

Have some REP!

I had the same problem and it was caused by spyware/malware. I ran Ad-aware 2007 and it sorted it. To be sure run Ad-aware in Vista safe mode.

wolf359;2815118

in my experience having task manager and regedit disabled has always been … in my experience having task manager and regedit disabled has always been down to malware/virii

more often or not, malware/virus IS the reason for the task manager not being selectable.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions