Old 10p Coins

Posted 31st Mar 2019
Just found a stash of the old 10p coins in my garage. Must amount to roughly £7 or £8 pounds. They are obviously out of tender but would banks still accept these for exchange? Or would these have any sort of antique like value?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Go to a field where people with metal detectors like to frequent. Then sit back and watch the fools get exited.
8 Comments
BoE will. you have to ask at other banks.
Check on eBay
ccnp31/03/2019 21:38

BoE will. you have to ask at other banks.

No they won't, the Bank of England will accept old notes but not coins.
Some high street banks may accept old coins if you have an account, best to enquire.
Failing that, there are websites that will buy them but the last time I looked they were offering less than face value for old decimal coins AND you had to pay for the postage so it wasn't worth it.
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 31st Mar 2019
Go to a field where people with metal detectors like to frequent. Then sit back and watch the fools get exited.
666FU1 h, 18 m ago

Go to a field where people with metal detectors like to frequent. Then sit …Go to a field where people with metal detectors like to frequent. Then sit back and watch the fools get exited.

Savage
Delbert.Grady12 h, 0 m ago

No they won't, the Bank of England will accept old notes but not …No they won't, the Bank of England will accept old notes but not coins.Some high street banks may accept old coins if you have an account, best to enquire.Failing that, there are websites that will buy them but the last time I looked they were offering less than face value for old decimal coins AND you had to pay for the postage so it wasn't worth it.

Well I've learnt something today. Thanks.
Give to charity.
Try putting them in one of the change machines that you get in some supermarkets they might accept them.
Edited by: "moschops1" 2nd Apr 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants