Old £5 notes

Found 13th Jan
I found 4 old £5 notes (luck me) anyway... Read on Internet you can call in to the post office and they will swap them for new ones. So tried today and they said no! So I guess I need to go to my own bank where I hold a current account then? That's a pain as in town...

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

not rilly a queston is it. You could post the to the bank of England.

Yep your bank if they won’t accept them it’s off to the BoE, see withdrawn notes.

bankofengland.co.uk/faq

Why not just try and use them in a shop, on a busy day the cashier probably won't even notice.

always great to find money that you have forgotten about, or someone else's money

have to put it into your own bank so you have to make the trip i am afraid.

Go have a curry or order a pizza then give a five pound tip .............

What an endearing story.

666FU11 h, 54 m ago

Why not just try and use them in a shop, on a busy day the cashier …Why not just try and use them in a shop, on a busy day the cashier probably won't even notice.

That's an a>>hole thing to do to someone. I've had it in the past with a £20 note. Someone slipped me one tucked amoung 4 x £20's and i'd not noticed it.

I had to drive from Chetenham to Gloucester the next day to a bank branch (Co-op) during working hours. I'm a self employed cabbie.
So, the person, that did exactly what you're happily suggesting, actually cost me time and money!
Jeez some people
Edited by: "artnada" 14th Jan

Original Poster

artnada58 m ago

That's an a>>hole thing to do to someone. I've had it in the past with a …That's an a>>hole thing to do to someone. I've had it in the past with a £20 note. Someone slipped me one tucked amoung 4 x £20's and i'd not noticed it.I had to drive from Chetenham to Gloucester the next day to a bank branch (Co-op) during working hours. I'm a self employed cabbie.So, the person, that did exactly what you're happily suggesting, actually cost me time and money!Jeez some people

I'll look out for you then. I use taxis in Gloucester and now I know you take old notes. Sorted
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Jan

artnada59 m ago

That's an a>>hole thing to do to someone. I've had it in the past with a …That's an a>>hole thing to do to someone. I've had it in the past with a £20 note. Someone slipped me one tucked amoung 4 x £20's and i'd not noticed it.I had to drive from Chetenham to Gloucester the next day to a bank branch (Co-op) during working hours. I'm a self employed cabbie.So, the person, that did exactly what you're happily suggesting, actually cost me time and money!Jeez some people

Yout charged someone 85£ for a cab...

hethekid53 s ago

Yout charged someone 85£ for a cab...

There are such things as "long jobs"

artnada5 h, 52 m ago

Calm down. I am not suggesting giving it to small trader, large supermarket or pub chain will do.

666FU11 m ago

Calm down. I am not suggesting giving it to small trader, large …Calm down. I am not suggesting giving it to small trader, large supermarket or pub chain will do.

i think one should solve one's own problem and not shove it on to someone else to deal with. bad karma bro!

mutley11 h, 45 m ago

i think one should solve one's own problem and not shove it on to someone …i think one should solve one's own problem and not shove it on to someone else to deal with. bad karma bro!

Large shops will have processes to deal with things like this, would imagine they take old money in all the time.

666FU18 m ago

Large shops will have processes to deal with things like this, would …Large shops will have processes to deal with things like this, would imagine they take old money in all the time.

You may get the employee into trouble as it showed they are not doing their job properly if they take money that are no longer accepted.

I was in the queue in a well-known high street coffee chain today, and the person on the till tried to give an elderly lady two old one pound coins as change, fortunately she noticed and told him to think again. It's a two-way street, shop staff can be just as bad as customers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions