Posted 7th Oct 2020
Hi,

My Nanna found a really old boots advantage card in her purse.

It’s one with a chip on the back of it.

She thinks there’s £30 on it. Does anyone know if these types of cards can be used?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
18 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Yes you can. If it doesn't work in the reader, the shop assistant will just type in the number on the front of the card. You can also just phone up Boots and they will be able to send out a new card with the points loaded on.
  2. Avatar
    Use the card number to register on the app
  3. Avatar
    I still have one with a chip on the back, I didn’t realise there was another type....
  4. Avatar
    farmlama07/10/2020 08:44

I still have one with a chip on the back, I didn’t realise there was a …I still have one with a chip on the back, I didn’t realise there was another type....

Yeah, same. I’ve had the same one since I worked there about 10 years ago! Still works fine, still collect and spend points on it
  5. Avatar
    my card has a chip on the back and it some years, but maybe not 10 years. it till works in the shop.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    ncd07/10/2020 07:49

Yes you can. If it doesn't work in the reader, the shop assistant will …Yes you can. If it doesn't work in the reader, the shop assistant will just type in the number on the front of the card. You can also just phone up Boots and they will be able to send out a new card with the points loaded on.

Thank you
  7. Avatar
    Yes pop into store they can read the chip. If it’s damage customer care and transfer the points to a new card
  8. Avatar
    Author
    HappyShopper07/10/2020 12:36

OP, the info in this old thread I posted may help: …OP, the info in this old thread I posted may help: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/boots-advantage-card-points-expiry-date-2248101

Thank you some useful info
  9. Avatar
    I thought that after 2 years of non use the points got deleted.
    Having said that I've had this with Nectar and they just put the points back on if you contact them.
  10. Avatar
    If you don't use the points does it get deleted
  11. Avatar
    Author
    19DembaBa1926/03/2021 04:49

If you don't use the points does it get deleted

No I ended up using mine from 2 years ago
  12. Avatar
    I’ve tried to register my old card on the boots App. It doesn’t recognise the card number.
  13. Avatar
    I've come across a statement letter from boots to my elderly neighbour who has misplaced his card. The letter is dated 2009 !!!! He might of used it more recently.... Is the card number one of the groups of 8 digits, I've heard you have to add a zero.... but then I've also heard you need the 3 digit security code from the back of the card.... Not much help if you've lost the card... Any helpers please :/
  14. Avatar
    Try taking it into a Boots store first off to see if it’s active and what’s on the card
  15. Avatar
    I am waiting on the phone about 30 min. I have a old boots card and I want to transfer the points to the new one as in the shop they don't accept the old card.
    I really don't know what I need to do
  16. Avatar
    ncd07/10/2020 07:49

Yes you can. If it doesn't work in the reader, the shop assistant will …Yes you can. If it doesn't work in the reader, the shop assistant will just type in the number on the front of the card. You can also just phone up Boots and they will be able to send out a new card with the points loaded on.

Not really, I am waiting more than 30 min now for boot to answer the phone. I am trying to transfer the points from a old card to the new.
  17. Avatar
    bernardo.carla01/04/2022 11:25

Not really, I am waiting more than 30 min now for boot to answer the …Not really, I am waiting more than 30 min now for boot to answer the phone. I am trying to transfer the points from a old card to the new.

My original comment was from two years ago, when it may have been applicable...
Post a comment
Top Merchants