Old Free T-Mobile Sim only contracts coming to a end

Found 3rd Aug
The old Free T-Mobile Sim only contracts that were introduced to us in 2013 are now coming to a end.

Back in 2013 there was a glitch/mistake on the tmobile website. There was a proposition for 250 minutes, 500 text, 500mb of data for free over 12 months. (Should have been £8 per month but T-mobile honoured it for 12 months). Some of us were able to negotiate a monthly rolling contract for free for a further 5 years.

Only yesterday one of the members of my family received a text saying that the discount of £7.52 (exc VAT) will be removed. When I phoned them up using 150 the customer services team explained that they are phasing our all T-mobile contracts. So I asked them to forward me on to the retention’s team. (Anyone with a T-mobile contract will receive this or a similar text).

The EE retention team could only offer :
£4 sim only contract. Unlimited minutes, unlimited text and 500mb of data. (There are only 10 days for this offer before it expires)

Do you know if there are better sim only contacts in the market today compared to the EE Retention team offer? Is the offer from EE good, bad?
Community Updates
9 Comments
Have a look at this hotukdeals.com/dea…877

Not sure if non VM customers can get it but worth a try.
sydney87113 m ago

Have a look at this …Have a look at this https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2gb-of-data-1500-minutes-and-unlimited-texts-for-5-a-month-virgin-mobile-existing-virgin-media-customers-only-2997877Not sure if non VM customers can get it but worth a try.

Thank you Sydney871. We have another option now.
I got an Old TM Full Monty (Unlimited Internet) on TM, I regulary check the Life of the Sim with TM Support and they say there are Years left with T Mobile Customers and ongoing Contract Sims.

Was your original deal PAYGO or Contract?
zirk5 m ago

I got an Old TM Full Monty (Unlimited Internet) on TM, I regulary check …I got an Old TM Full Monty (Unlimited Internet) on TM, I regulary check the Life of the Sim with TM Support and they say there are Years left with T Mobile Customers and ongoing Contract Sims.Was your original deal PAYGO or Contract?

Mine was a original sim only contract.

This decision was made at EE on the Tuesday this week and communicated to the entire team in Hatfield H/O by internal e-mail.

You might want to check. Nothing lasts forever unfortunately.

I’ve worked in the H/O with Simon Frumkin & Marc Allera’s team. I knew this happen eventually when BT took over. The question was when it was going to happen?
n15hu19 m ago

Mine was a original sim only contract. This decision was made at EE on the …Mine was a original sim only contract. This decision was made at EE on the Tuesday this week and communicated to the entire team in Hatfield H/O by internal e-mail. You might want to check. Nothing lasts forever unfortunately. I’ve worked in the H/O with Simon Frumkin & Marc Allera’s team. I knew this happen eventually when BT took over. The question was when it was going to happen?

Fair do's, they need to offer me something attractive then for me to move over to EE Ive had my FM Sim since 2013, and we go through this exercise with upgrades at least once a year, with the outcome being, better off staying on TM then?. I know Im not going to get Full Unlimited Internet on EE but it needs to be close, as unless there closing there TM / Orange Network down, which there not, as there using it for EE 3G Back Up for where theres no 4G Coverage, I'll be off to OFCOM and complain.
Are there pasg boosters going?
whelan1894th Aug

Are there pasg boosters going?

Yes. Everything related to T-Mobile. I’ve lost free international minutes booster on my sim.
I had this sim too but mine has gone back up to £6 something nearly a year ago. I’ve tried calling retention’s a few times in the last year because I keep going over 500mb but they don’t budge one bit and are eager to get me off of T-Mobile and onto a EE tarrif.
I somehow got 300 mins added to my 250 back then and that’s the only reason I still have it.
Edited by: "YouMuppet" 5th Aug
YouMuppet1 h, 56 m ago

I had this sim too but mine has gone back up to £6 something nearly a year …I had this sim too but mine has gone back up to £6 something nearly a year ago. I’ve tried calling retention’s a few times in the last year because I keep going over 500mb but they don’t budge one bit and are eager to get me off of T-Mobile and onto a EE tarrif. I somehow got 300 mins added to my 250 back then and that’s the only reason I still have it.

Unfortunately it’s all about to change. We are all forced to leave TMobile soon and either go to EE or leave and go to a new network.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants