OLD HALL FARM - ELLESMERE PORT -MARSTONS CHAIN

Found 30th May 2011
Has anyone else ever been here before?
Its the one at the side of Cheshire oaks....

Just had a bad experience and wanted to know if its always like that?

took us..

15 mins to order
40 mins to get starters
45 mins to get our first drink that we ordered when we first got there (apparently you cant just go to the bar when you sit upstairs).
1hour 20 mins to get our main...
we had to go looking downstairs for cutlery after asking 2 waitress's and still not getting any.

After 1hour 47 mins we were finally approached and asked if we wanted desert.. We was waiting for the Bill with our starter and main dishes still on the table.

After the starters we got told we could have 20% of the total bill.. after reminding them about this they discounted £4.45 from our £31.95 bill. 3 staff and the manager seem to think that this is 20% of £31.95 and eventually told me I had to take the problem up with Marstons finance office.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
you were entitled to pay what YOU thought it was worth,not what they told you to pay-as long as you provide them with your name and address-perfectly legal.
How many dined?
Original Poster
about 7 people walked out...

There was only myself and my girlfriend.

The manager asked us to pay and leave because I was asking other customers what 20% of £31.50 was haha. He was about 26 and reminded me of the guy of simpsons that works at the fast food places.

Banned
Barky's right. You should've told them Marston's finance office could take the problem up with you.
Never been in this one - we usually eat at the Harvester (virtually next door) - will definitely avoid it now thanks oO !
Pitbikeboy

about 7 people walked out...There was only myself and my girlfriend.The … about 7 people walked out...There was only myself and my girlfriend.The manager asked us to pay and leave because I was asking other customers what 20% of £31.50 was haha. He was about 26 and reminded me of the guy of simpsons that works at the fast food places.

I would imagine the 20% discount excludes drinks.
If it's any consolation we went for lunch today at 12:30, and didnt leave till gone 4...
we went there once and never again, the food was terrible as was the service, and it was pretty dead in there.

Tried the Rake (hungry horse) which is a bit further down from there, and wasn't impressed with that either, going to have to try the harvester.
Pitbikeboy

The manager asked us to pay and leave because I was asking other … The manager asked us to pay and leave because I was asking other customers what 20% of £31.50 was haha. He was about 26 and reminded me of the guy of simpsons that works at the fast food places.

when we had a problem with times/quality of food around this time; the guy you're describing there, seems to be the same guy who identified himself to us as the manager, he wasn't and quote from the actual manager "just thinks he is"
chewie846

when we had a problem with times/quality of food around this time; the guy … when we had a problem with times/quality of food around this time; the guy you're describing there, seems to be the same guy who identified himself to us as the manager, he wasn't and quote from the actual manager "just thinks he is"

Nice to know his career is blazing forward at full throttle 2 years later. Perhaps in 764 years he will be area manager. And for whoever bumps this thread 764 years from now, let it be known that spaceinvader was the greatest ever member of this forum, amen.
Edited by: "spaceinvader" 25th May 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants