Groups

Old Lady puzzle

This is a old puzzle, and there are different variations, but can you work it out?

Three old ladies decide to buy a television. They see a second-hand black and white set for £30.The manager feels generous, he tells the assistant to give the old ladies £5 back.

But the assistant gives each old lady only £1 and keeps £2 for himself. So the old ladies have spent £9 each, £27 in total. The assistant has £2 in his pocket.

Where has the other £1 gone?

11 Comments

Good puzzle, dont really want to post the answer because then other people cant try and work it out, will PM you

Ill give anyone struggling a clue: Don't look at it the wrong way round!

Its a very deceiving little riddle.

It is very deceiving - can see why people get confused I love things like this!

>

Original Poster

Kelly pm'ed the correct answer:thumbsup:

Any chance of people editing their answers so other people can try this brain teaser?

Glad to see posts have been changed - I didnt post until someone had said the answer since I wanted other people to be given the chance to work it out for themselves.

Remember this puzzle fro years ago, still can't remember if I ever got the answer, my head hurts now so I give up.

If anyone can ease the pain then a little pm to me with the answer would be appreciated and worth some rep...:thumbsup:

i think ive got it :thinking:

I will PM you (and anyone else who wants me to)

kelly_o_fanatic

I will PM you (and anyone else who wants me to)

Rep added thanks

I can go asking the question now and sound clever..lol

:giggle: Glad I could help!

Will tell anyone else who wants to know
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886406
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767487
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1933
      4. Bearded chat35

See more discussions