old phone ringtone help!

My daughter was given an old phone for her first mobile, but it doesn't have bluetooth or a memory card slot, and shes desperate for a more personalised ringtone! I bought a data sync cable for it, but its the wrong type and I can't find any different ones. I'm reluctant to get a different phone as shes only ten, so its only for very basic use, and she loves it otherwise as its so girly looking (its an alcatel ot-c635). I've just been trying to download some straight to the phone but it just keeps saying 'mime error'. I figured this meant that it wouldn't accept that file type (it was originally mp3's) but it won't work on polyphonic tones either. I've even tried sending them from my phone as an attachment with a multimedia message but still no joy!
Is it even possible? Help techy people, before I go insane!

1 Comment

Just done a search for this model and it can playback: MP3, AMR, MIDI , so I would have thought you'll be able to use an mp3 as a ringtone . Another site mentions is has bluetooth but your right it doesn't .So, I think the only way to get a tune on it is too use the right data cable .
Have you tried ebay ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846134
    2. Pink Balls613
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1957
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2449

See more discussions