EXPIRED

Old Projector wanted - help needed please

Hi guys,

I'd like to get an old projector - all I want it for it to play computer games, but I'm only going to connect my old NES and Sega Master System up to it.

I was hoping to only spend around £50 for a second hand one, as I dont need anything with a good spec (HD will be wasted on the 8 bit graphics!).

Do you guys think this is achievable? Or I am being unrealistic with a £50 budget?

Thanks

6 Comments

You won't get one for £50 (I wouldn't have thought)

Have you considered using an XBOX to emulate? Otherwise you'll need video out cables and I'm not sure they exist for NES/ MS...

where abouts are you..mite now some one selling one.

Original Poster

I'm in Cheltenham.

I was wondering if old projectors would have the right inputs for a NES, but in the NES games instruction booklets they talk about playing on a projector so I would guess so.

raph_b;4339486

I'm in Cheltenham.I was wondering if old projectors would have the right … I'm in Cheltenham.I was wondering if old projectors would have the right inputs for a NES, but in the NES games instruction booklets they talk about playing on a projector so I would guess so.

Most only have an aerial connection and need to connect to a TV tuner - projectors don't have this. If you get a projector for £50-100 expect to replace the lamp shortly - (£200-300)

Original Poster

[email protected];4340471

Most only have an aerial connection and need to connect to a TV tuner - … Most only have an aerial connection and need to connect to a TV tuner - projectors don't have this. If you get a projector for £50-100 expect to replace the lamp shortly - (£200-300)

Thanks for the advice, rep added

raph_b;4340704

Thanks for the advice, rep added

I have this if you can stretch your budget a little, only 20 hours lamp use, perfect for gaming(see pics) and price dropped to £85 delivered.

hotukdeals.com/ite…tor
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?11
    2. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?524
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)11
    4. Bed pillow recommendations44

See more discussions