Old purchased games from Google play store no longer working....

Posted 29th Sep
I've been downloading all the old games I've bought over the years onto my tablet and there are loads that don't work anymore!! Either just crash when you try and open or won't download the files. They are probably awful games now anyways like FIFA 12 but it's a bit worrying that games on the play store can just disappear from the search and not work anymore. Surely Google should have something in place where purchased apps are always available still, imagine if all your old steam purchased games just stopped working!
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
Try opening the play store on your device, hamburger, My apps & games, Library.

Frequently items that don't show up in search are still there.

For stuff that just doesn't work, technologies change. I have steam games that don't work in Windows 10, but are fine on Linux using wine. It happens.
Edited by: "alg" 29th Sep
alg29/09/2019 08:09

Try opening the play store on your device, hamburger, My apps & games, …Try opening the play store on your device, hamburger, My apps & games, Library.Frequently items that don't show up in search are still there.For stuff that just doesn't work, technologies change. I have steam games that don't work in Windows 10, but are fine on Linux using wine. It happens.

Yeah I get that, but these games just aren't supported. EA have removed the files which are needed to download for the game to work... Some just timeout trying to download them
It'll depend on whether the developers have kept the games up to date and compatible with the changing versions of Android over the years.
You could probably download the apps onto a device from the era you purchased them from.
BeerDrinker29/09/2019 08:27

It'll depend on whether the developers have kept the games up to date and …It'll depend on whether the developers have kept the games up to date and compatible with the changing versions of Android over the years.You could probably download the apps onto a device from the era you purchased them from.

Still wouldn't work, the additional files to play the games just aren't available now!!
chrisredmayne29/09/2019 08:43

Still wouldn't work, the additional files to play the games just aren't …Still wouldn't work, the additional files to play the games just aren't available now!!

That depends. I had one of the NFS games that wouldn't work on a device, then did on the device that replaced it. But yes, I get your point, but surely that's an ea thing rather than Google Play.

For example the original telltale Batman game is no longer available on any digital platform even if you bought it a while back. On the other hand, the Lego lord of the rings game is still available if you bought a while back, but you can't buy it now.
Google are notrious for making it hard for developers. They recently added another setting to comply where you need a privacy statement for anyone under the age of 13. I've 2 apps in the store that I had to update to fix this issue. Ridiculous really as one of my apps is a simple fixture list for my local football club but it's not "suitable" for under 13's lol.

It could be that Google have simply removed the app because it doesn't comply with one of their rules.
Perhaps the additional files can be found elsewhere online
jco8329/09/2019 12:42

Perhaps the additional files can be found elsewhere online

Maybe, I'll have a look! Found some more that aren't working. Prince or Persia classic, mass effect!
chrisredmayne29/09/2019 15:11

Maybe, I'll have a look! Found some more that aren't working. Prince or …Maybe, I'll have a look! Found some more that aren't working. Prince or Persia classic, mass effect!

Are you sure there isn't some other reason they're not working ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants