Found 4th Jul 2007
Getting Sky+ installed this afternoon, and just wondering if I should keep the old sky box. Everyone says that you should, but I'm just wondering what to do with it if we do keep it......

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
16 Comments

Could you not put it in another room?
You could always sell it on here or ebay if you don't want it.

kelly_o_fanatic

Getting Sky+ installed this afternoon, and just wondering if I should … Getting Sky+ installed this afternoon, and just wondering if I should keep the old sky box. Everyone says that you should, but I'm just wondering what to do with it if we do keep it......

Did you see my post yesterday? I had Sky+ installed on Monday and the engineer automatically took the old box until he was stopped so if you do want to keep it make sure you tell him and put it out of his reach :giggle:

Another point for you is to check everything is working before he leaves, the engineer who came to me didn't program the remote and the box was a refurb which does not work properly, another being delivered today.

Original Poster

We have sky multi-room in my bedroom, and virgin media in parents bedroom - no TV anywhere else

Original Poster

fireheaven

Did you see my post yesterday? I had Sky+ installed on Monday and the … Did you see my post yesterday? I had Sky+ installed on Monday and the engineer automatically took the old box until he was stopped so if you do want to keep it make sure you tell him and put it out of his reach :giggle:

Thats why I'm asking, checking if it is worth keeping it before the engineer comes

fireheaven

Another point for you is to check everything is working before he leaves, … Another point for you is to check everything is working before he leaves, the engineer who came to me didn't program the remote and the box was a refurb which does not work properly, another being delivered today.

Always check its working before they leave will check the other sky box too, when they installed the multi-room the other sky went off! Checked before the engineer went though and he fixed it

Approx how long does it take to install?

kelly_o_fanatic

Thats why I'm asking, checking if it is worth keeping it before the … Thats why I'm asking, checking if it is worth keeping it before the engineer comesAlways check its working before they leave will check the other sky box too, when they installed the multi-room the other sky went off! Checked before the engineer went though and he fixed itApprox how long does it take to install?

I think it took around an hour although that was in extreme weather conditions :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks is a nice day, so hopefully will take less time!

Ours took over three hours, I spent an hour holding the ladder. Pretty intense installation

kelly_o_fanatic

Thanks is a nice day, so hopefully will take less time!

Lets hope so and then you can have a play. I haven't done much with it yet but my six year old has recorded numerous episodes of SPD and used 10 hours recording time already lol.

Original Poster

Yup Want to play around with it before dad gets home so I can show him how to work it

The dish is pretty easy to access (On top of extension), so that should help cut time

Engineer due soon, anyone else got any thoughts on keeping the box?

Well I have kept mine- I am gonna sell it

Original Poster

How much can you get for them?

Postage will probably be expensive wont it?

Sloth/Mod

You can always keep it as a spare Julie in case one goes wrong as they charge £65 call out fee. :thumbsup:

As above, I'd keep it as a spare.

Original Poster

Seen people saying it can be used for freeview, how does this work?

Sloth/Mod

kelly_o_fanatic

Seen people saying it can be used for freeview, how does this work?

Just ask Sky for a free to air card or use one of your old viewing cards. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Well, its all been installed

Got a brand new PVR3 box

Engineer didn't even try to take the old box
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PriorityPass renewal/retention offer11
    2. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv22
    3. How do you pay your SIPP management fees?22
    4. What's this on my neighbours roof?1921