Groups
    EXPIRED

old square cake baking tins

Hi i know this is an odd request but I would like to buy some old (not rusty though) cake tins. I moved house and have lost mine. I am looking for 6" square, 7" square and 8" square.The new ones in the shops arent a patch on the old ones.
    If anyone out there has some stuck in a cupboard they would like to sell please get in touch.
    Please help and please also ask mums and grans!!!

9 Comments

someones making christmas cakes! :whistling:

I know you're looking for the old type but I bought my mum some replacement ones from ]Lakeland and she loves them, plus she loves the concept of loose bottoms. Gotta love her.

Original Poster

yep christmas cake time again. I will look at the lakeland ones - but i bet they are pricey - i am so tight - ROFL!!!

lyndaanddave;3320406

yep christmas cake time again. I will look at the lakeland ones - but i … yep christmas cake time again. I will look at the lakeland ones - but i bet they are pricey - i am so tight - ROFL!!!

but you'll be able to pass them on to your kids :w00t:

Original Poster

I am still gutted at losing mine in the move - they were so old!!! had loads of memories too. I would put a sad face here if i knew how to do it!!!

lyndaanddave;3320424

I am still gutted at losing mine in the move - they were so old!!! had … I am still gutted at losing mine in the move - they were so old!!! had loads of memories too. I would put a sad face here if i knew how to do it!!!

when you're posting a message a smilie icon is in the message toolbar ;-)

Original Poster

i cant imagine my daughters making their own Christmas cakes when I am not around to make them I am sure they will get theirs from M&S. and my daughter-in-law wont want anything from me as she hates me soooooooooo much. Another sad face called for!!!!

Oh Lyn lol you're so funny. Her loss if she hates ya :x people are lazy and go for the easy option, but we all love licking the bowl still when mum bakes and we're all pushing 40 :w00t:

Original Poster

yep your right - my daughters are 38 and 36 and they still look for the little tester christmas cakes i do when i make a big ones - my grandaughters do to!! my son is 31, he and his son and daughter come around too when the cakes are made. A real famiy tradition. (except of course for my daughter in law!!) where are those sad faces!!! So i have 3 chldren 3 in-law children and six beautiful grandchldren and a super husband - quite a band of us!!!!!! (and no cake tins) lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      2. love affairs1337
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927355

See more discussions