Old style portable TV- postage query

Posted 5th Jan
I have a 1980's portable TV on eBay for collection only. Been asked by someone who does amdram for s price for me to post it to them. Only ever use Royal Mail unsure what the TV would cost to post as it weighs a tonne - any idea on s rough estimate????
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Go to the Hermes site, get some bathroom scales and weigh your tv, and fill in the details such as the size dimensions to get a price quote. In my experience Hermes are cheaper than Parcelforce, but honestly given the price of delivery it would probably be in the buyers interest to just try and find one they can pick up locally on Gumtree.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Jan
Haircut_10005/01/2020 21:45

Go to the Hermes site, get some bathroom scales and weigh your tv, and …Go to the Hermes site, get some bathroom scales and weigh your tv, and fill in the details such as the size dimensions to get a price quote. In my experience Hermes are cheaper than Parcelforce, but honestly given the price of delivery it would probably be in the buyers interest to just try and find one they can pick up locally on Gumtree.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm sure they could find one locally too. Didn't really fancy messing around trying to pack it and then post it!!!!
Plus you have to hope myhermes get it to its destination intact
Old skool TV ain't gonna like being thrown around a couple of vans, regardless of how you pack it, unless the amdram performance does not require the set to function, even assuming they have access to someone competent enough to provide RF source.
There's no way on earth I would try to post something that heavy. You're better off leaving it outside your house and let the local gypos take it off your hands.
You can buy postage through paypal for Parcelforce 24 or 48. They take up to 30kg for £11.99.

Just click on the paypal payment in your account and print Postage label to see the options and prices.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions