Groups

Old VHS tapes worth anything ?

Found some old original VHS in the mist of my clear-out. I've got Star war episode 1 & 2 and South Park Season 1.

Ebay is not much help as there is only 1 listing of each item and no bids. I'm not expecting am massive gains but is there a value or just throw them out ?.

9 Comments

worthless i think, either keep them or in the bin

My dear old mum still prefers VHS because, to her, they are more durable!

She picks them up for 10-20p in charity shops very easily so they probably aren't even worth the postage costs :thumbsup:

Most charity shops wont take them now, my sister had loads she just threw out! We've still got a star wars boxset which hubby cant bear to throw away (just in case) lol

I think most of them are worthless, my grandma still uses them, she has a 46" plasma blu ray etc but still insists on using the VCR recorder...

Original Poster

Thanks all for the reply's. I thought they where only good for old memory's or clogging the flat up. Think I will throw them away then as I already have all listed on DVD now.

I wouldnt just throw them... do a car boot selling them for peanuts, and when you are ready for home... leave them!

Not to litter of course, but there are lots of people who will take them away after you are gone! ( and think they have got a great freebie!)

I've seen it happen!

I binned a few black bags stuffed with them,kept one or two collector items like ac/dc let there be rock

we donated all the kids ones to the local childrens ward
    when our son was in hospital:)

loobie;8364222

Most charity shops wont take them now, my sister had loads she just threw … Most charity shops wont take them now, my sister had loads she just threw out! We've still got a star wars boxset which hubby cant bear to throw away (just in case) lol

:-D:-D:-D thats like me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2472
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767386
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1421
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?34

See more discussions