Expired

Oman Air - thoughts?

Found 25th Apr 2012
Booking flights London-Bangkok, Kuala Lumpar-London and have the choice between Oman Air and Emirates, with Oman being £100 cheaper. I know Emirates have a great reputation but having looked at the reviews of Oman Air on Skytrax, they also rate it as a "4* airline". Has anyone ever flown with them long-haul and can share their experience?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

baffled i have been to oman, well it was a connecting flight. The plane is clean and the staff friendly.

Best thing i can suggest is to book your seats ASAP as they get taken up quickly! and sit at the back near the toilets, its the safest place to sit as the last seats are 2 -3 -2.

their on line checkin in is nice and easy and if your a few kg above your allowance they dont give a damn.

Banned

decent enough, not as goo as emirates but for 100 quid difference depending on the flight time i would consider them again, the 100 quid is defintely worth paying imo if its direct rather than stopping at muscat although 100 quid goes a long way in se asia

youtube.com/wat…6-E
Edited by: "casparwhite" 25th Apr 2012

I can reccomend Emirates, but it comes down to the aircraft, if its the A380 then I'd fly on that for the extra £100... funily enough I was looking at Oman just this morning to get me back to KL, however Etihad has come up cheapest from Manchester.

Original Poster

Thanks guys! I've looked at reviews for Emirates vs Oman (on Skytrax/Airlinequality) and Oman comes out slightly better but I'd never even heard of Oman Air!! We're going for a month so the extra £100 will pay for a few internal flights but one question... when it comes to pre-booking seats with Oman, you don't seem to be able to book the exit rows (on any of the 4 flights)... How do they allocate those?

baffledsalmon

Thanks guys! I've looked at reviews for Emirates vs Oman (on … Thanks guys! I've looked at reviews for Emirates vs Oman (on Skytrax/Airlinequality) and Oman comes out slightly better but I'd never even heard of Oman Air!! We're going for a month so the extra £100 will pay for a few internal flights but one question... when it comes to pre-booking seats with Oman, you don't seem to be able to book the exit rows (on any of the 4 flights)... How do they allocate those?

Maybe you have added a child on to your booking?

Emirates dont go direct.

Emirates are overrated. Ive just booked Oman to Bangkok in July. Ive flown with over 25 airlines but not Oman yet. Colleagues tell me they are v.good. Oman were cheapest option for me, no way would i pay extra 100 quid.

Some airlines dont let u book exit rows as they want to choose people on the day to sit there who are 'able' bodied enough to do the doors. Personally i dont like exit rows, block arm rests that dont move and sometimes a bl00dy great wall in front of you.

Hi I have and you WON'T be disappointed. If you've enjoyed flying Emirates, Ethiad, or Qatar, then this is better on price and certainly as good. Actually, basically it's better because you can save as Oman are still striving to make a name for themselves and doing all the right things just like the others did before them. Go with them whilst they are still offering more for your money Friend.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions