Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 42mm Mens Watc £3600 at Goldsmiths

Posted 27th Apr
goldsmiths.co.uk/Ome…57/ Beautiful and classic watch which doesn’t often come with any discount. This is the hesalite version. For those of you who love watches, this is likely in your wishlist if you don’t have one already. Cheers, enjoy HUKD!

"Sapphire sandwich" version - £4230 (click here)
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Cue the Casio comments. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous watch and if anyone wants to buy it for me, I'd be super appreciative. Thank you.
Hi

Not sure this is really a deal....did a quick google search and it is cheaper at beaverbrooks in both the standard and sapphire crystal models. I thought maybe the extra10 discount code was perhaps active and that was why it was a deal....but it does not work on either of those watches.

Here is the beaverbrooks link for the watch you posted up....it looks identical spec but perhaps I am mistaken.

beaverbrooks.co.uk/001…h/p

Sapphire crystal version

beaverbrooks.co.uk/010…h/p

Both are cheaper than the Goldsmiths offer. Lovely looking watch and if the 'extra10' discount code at goldsmiths worked then it would be a smashing deal....
Edited by: "AWard911" 27th Apr
82 Comments
Cue the Casio comments. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous watch and if anyone wants to buy it for me, I'd be super appreciative. Thank you.
britlad27/04/2020 16:04

Cue the Casio comments. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous watch and …Cue the Casio comments. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous watch and if anyone wants to buy it for me, I'd be super appreciative. Thank you.

Hi

Not sure this is really a deal....did a quick google search and it is cheaper at beaverbrooks in both the standard and sapphire crystal models. I thought maybe the extra10 discount code was perhaps active and that was why it was a deal....but it does not work on either of those watches.

Here is the beaverbrooks link for the watch you posted up....it looks identical spec but perhaps I am mistaken.

beaverbrooks.co.uk/001…h/p

Sapphire crystal version

beaverbrooks.co.uk/010…h/p

Both are cheaper than the Goldsmiths offer. Lovely looking watch and if the 'extra10' discount code at goldsmiths worked then it would be a smashing deal....
Edited by: "AWard911" 27th Apr
Which is best Hesalite or Sapphire ? Does Sapphire stick to wrist ? Will prices dip further ?
AWard91127/04/2020 16:08

HiNot sure this is really a deal....did a quick google search and it is …HiNot sure this is really a deal....did a quick google search and it is cheaper at beaverbrooks in both the standard and sapphire crystal models. I thought maybe the extra10 discount code was perhaps active and that was why it was a deal....but it does not work on either of those watches.Here is the beaverbrooks link for the watch you posted up....it looks identical spec but perhaps I am mistaken.https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0010263/OMEGA-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-Chronograph-Mens-Watch/pSapphire crystal versionhttps://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0103836/OMEGA-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-Chronograph-Mens-Watch/pBoth are cheaper than the Goldsmiths offer. Lovely looking watch and if the 'extra10' discount code at goldsmiths worked then it would be a smashing deal....

I saw it on Goldsmiths and posted it - didn’t even think to compare to another place. Good spot!
I would wear this on a secret date with Louise minchin
Saw this watch on Antiques Roadshow at the weekend. Best buy 2nd hand without the moon reference inscribed on the back
mespie27/04/2020 16:10

Which is best Hesalite or Sapphire ? Does Sapphire stick to wrist ? Will …Which is best Hesalite or Sapphire ? Does Sapphire stick to wrist ? Will prices dip further ?

'Hesalite has only a-fourth of the strength of Sapphire'.

NASA chose Hesalite as Sapphire, although more scratch resistant, would shatter into shards if broken. Not good in zero gravity situations.
For everyday use the scratch resistance is more beneficial because shattering either material is highly unlikely.

Interesting read if you Google the subject...

watchfinder.co.uk/art…e-v
Edited by: "Bigdiv" 27th Apr

Which is best Hesalite or Sapphire ? Does Sapphire stick to wrist ? Will …Which is best Hesalite or Sapphire ? Does Sapphire stick to wrist ? Will prices dip further ?

It's the type of glass, hesalite will scratch easier
Been this price for ages at GSmiths.

No, I have 2 Planet Oceans with sapphire backs, no such problems.
sallyforth27/04/2020 16:22

Been this price for ages at GSmiths.

I hadn’t seen it, so I thought it might be useful to somebody regardless of how long it has been at this price.
damiop27/04/2020 16:19

It's the type of glass, hesalite will scratch easier

But is easily polishable at home, unlike sapphire, which if you do scratch, will have to be replaced. There's pros and cons to each, personally I'd go for the hesalite.
Edited by: "lazyfatboy" 27th Apr
lazyfatboy27/04/2020 16:24

But is easily polishable at home, unlike sapphire, which if you do …But is easily polishable at home, unlike sapphire, which if you do scratch, will have to be replaced. There's pros and cons to each, personally I'd go for the hesalite.

I have a Speedmaster MK II and my friend had this in the hesalite but sold it as the quality just doesn't look/feel as good in my oppinion. Still a brilliant watch and all the extras you get as well as the presentation of the box
zinterz27/04/2020 16:15

I saw it on Goldsmiths and posted it - didn’t even think to compare to a …I saw it on Goldsmiths and posted it - didn’t even think to compare to another place. Good spot!

And here ladies and gentlemen, is the very reason you should not believe anything you read on the internet.

Vote Trump.
Lovely watch! Decent deal for no hassle but I bet you could get a bigger discount if you asked for it.

I got about 800 off when I got it last year.
LOUGHBORO.GUY27/04/2020 16:15

I would wear this on a secret date with Louise minchin

Really?! I'd rather stay at home listening to my Onkyo
So many versions of this watch..
honeybags22527/04/2020 16:31

And here ladies and gentlemen, is the very reason you should not believe …And here ladies and gentlemen, is the very reason you should not believe anything you read on the internet.Vote Trump.

I hope you aren’t comparing me to Trump?! Jeez. I need to feel better, I’m off to drink some bleach.
vizta27/04/2020 16:36

So many versions of this watch..

But this is the version.

Got one, love it
currybum227/04/2020 16:32

Really?! I'd rather stay at home listening to my Onkyo

Is that whilst sitting on your sofa?
I have one of these. I've had it for 25 years. It's currently sat in a drawer because I can't afford the cost of a service to get it going again.
zinterz27/04/2020 16:39

I hope you aren’t comparing me to Trump?! Jeez. I need to feel better, I’m …I hope you aren’t comparing me to Trump?! Jeez. I need to feel better, I’m off to drink some bleach.

Haha! Good lad. Like you.
porkyone27/04/2020 16:41

I have one of these. I've had it for 25 years. It's currently sat in a …I have one of these. I've had it for 25 years. It's currently sat in a drawer because I can't afford the cost of a service to get it going again.

Apparently that is a good thing as collectors like buying watches where they can work out what bits they want to refurb or not.
Willy_Wonka27/04/2020 16:43

Apparently that is a good thing as collectors like buying watches where …Apparently that is a good thing as collectors like buying watches where they can work out what bits they want to refurb or not.

I'll get it serviced at some point but the cost of that is now over £600 according to Omega UK's website. It's worth bearing in mind when you are feeling flush and treat yourself to a luxury watch.

Sapphire is best for general wear and tear if it leads a rough life as hesalite scratches easier but doesn’t shatter. You can use poly watch to smooth out the scratches easily and the hesalite is replaced every time it is serviced - every 5 years or so. I have the hesalite one as that was the one that went to the moon so I wanted it authentic and couldn’t justify the extra £600 for the sapphire crystal.
Speedy
porkyone27/04/2020 16:48

I'll get it serviced at some point but the cost of that is now over £600 …I'll get it serviced at some point but the cost of that is now over £600 according to Omega UK's website. It's worth bearing in mind when you are feeling flush and treat yourself to a luxury watch.

Better buy a Casio

40555626-74tYT.jpg

40555626-my6zS.jpg
Does the extra 10% off work on this I wondered? The extra 10% off code is not valid on this product.The extra 10% off code is not valid on this product.The extra 10% off code is not valid on this product.The extra 10% off code is not valid on this product.

...ok ok
Absolute iconic watch - keeping an eye on watches and prices, I suspect you would get a better discount if you asked I think it maybe worth waiting for the stores to open then go shopping if your after a watch.

As for which is best, that would be down to personal opinion - the hesalite is 'closer to the original' then prepare for its not the original reply....

Mine is hesalite, wore it daily for 2 years...not a single scratch I do this weird thing that I actually look after my watches ie I dont do diy with it on or similar...it is a super watch just dont compare it to a £150 seiko or similar....you just know if its for you or not simple..for most people its overkill and not worth the expense I would say, as stated above be aware when you buy this level of watch you have to be prepared to have it serviced at some point as said above.
I used to work for a major retailer of premium watches that mainly originated from Switzerland. The RRP was around £2700 back then. To my point ... I think that you could easily get more than 10% off walking in when the lockdown ends. We regularly would come down more a little more than 10%.
Bigdiv27/04/2020 16:54

Better buy a Casio [Image] [Image]

Yeah, they do seem to work better in fake photos and videos
porkyone27/04/2020 16:41

I have one of these. I've had it for 25 years. It's currently sat in a …I have one of these. I've had it for 25 years. It's currently sat in a drawer because I can't afford the cost of a service to get it going again.

For sale?
porkyone27/04/2020 16:48

I'll get it serviced at some point but the cost of that is now over £600 …I'll get it serviced at some point but the cost of that is now over £600 according to Omega UK's website. It's worth bearing in mind when you are feeling flush and treat yourself to a luxury watch.

I would get it valued as is. Probably not worth more serviced. Anyone that wants to buy it could probably get it done for £200
ezzer7227/04/2020 17:03

Yeah, they do seem to work better in fake photos and videos

Fake? You need to do more research...

40555798-2oeX0.jpg

40555798-iqoaK.jpg

40555798-YoEcJ.jpg

40555798-i5h0k.jpg
This is great watch to commemorate a historic event (filmed in a studio!). Deffo one for the collection if you can afford it but it's not an investment piece - see 2nd hand market. A much cheaper alternative would be the Bulova Moon Watch which has it's own unique story.
_Eric27/04/2020 17:14

This is great watch to commemorate a historic event (filmed in a studio!). …This is great watch to commemorate a historic event (filmed in a studio!). Deffo one for the collection if you can afford it but it's not an investment piece - see 2nd hand market. A much cheaper alternative would be the Bulova Moon Watch which has it's own unique story.

Speedmaster came out about 3 years before walking on the moon. The engraving celebrates the event but the watch preexists the moon landings.
greg5567827/04/2020 17:08

For sale?

No. I will get it sorted, just not at the moment and not at £600.
If you're serious about getting this (or really any luxury watch that's not a waiting list item) call a dealer like watches of switzerland and ask for a 25% discount, you'll probably achieve 15-20%
Right now is a great time to do this, especially if the store is doing delivery. It's a buyer's market today
You should know that this watch scratches sooopo easily!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions