Omega Speedmaster Professional Sapphire Crystal £4,200 delivered @ Goldsmiths

Posted 2nd May
EXTRA10 voucher no longer working, still cheapest it can be had though through an official dealer.

This one is slightly more as it has sapphire crystal on the front and back showing the 1863 movement which is finished to a higher standard than the 1861.

Having been part of all six lunar missions and endorsed by NASA as the first watch on the moon, the legendary Speedmaster family represents OMEGA’s adventurous, pioneering spirit.

This OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch sits confidently within a polished 42mm stainless steel case protected by sapphire crystal glass and boasts a sophisticated black dial equipped with a small seconds sub-dial, a 30-minute and 12-hour recorder and a central chronograph hand.

Protected by sapphire crystal glass, this exceptional watch also benefits from a stylish black bezel with a tachymetric scale. Powered by OMEGA’s mechanical calibre 1863 manual-winding chronograph movement, this model is water resistant to 50 metres and fastens with a high shine stainless steel bracelet.

Cheers 😁
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Love mine, really great finishing for the price bracket.

My grandad passed away recently and left me some money, so bought something to keep forever and remember him

40615711-vHVh7.jpg
40615711-YFYnR.jpg
Besford02/05/2020 17:58

No date - what a shame.

Don't give up, the right person will turn up when you least expect it
Mike_HUKD02/05/2020 16:48

Buying a luxury watch of finance seems like a poor decision to make anyway.

Not if it’s 0%. Makes more sense to keep the money in your account I’d say.
Rudz02/05/2020 16:45

They don't offer finance on this which is a bit of a shame

112 Comments
Wow, the code works now! Nice spot, heat!
Now that’s a very good price.
Edited by: "steve_b_333" 2nd May
Works on Hesalite as well £3222.00
Love mine, really great finishing for the price bracket.

My grandad passed away recently and left me some money, so bought something to keep forever and remember him

40615711-vHVh7.jpg
40615711-YFYnR.jpg
This is the one I’d have! Fabulous model especially with the dual sapphire and to be able to see the movement from the back!
I'm still waiting for the lovely person who wants to buy me one. Fingers crossed. X
Great work @jamiec2k
Rudz02/05/2020 16:45

A beautiful watch I would wear on a date with Carol Kirkwood
joshm02/05/2020 16:51

Comment deleted

They do automatic versions but the original moon watch was mechanical so they've kept it that way.

Comment deleted

An automatic movement is one you need to set each time you wear it. You're thinking of quartz. However there's a reason why quartz is a fraction of the cost of automatic
If only I could find the other £3700 it would make a nice present
Got 5 for eBay.
joshm02/05/2020 16:56

Comment deleted

Ha sorry, should have read the description. I see it is mechanical and needs winding.

Not if it’s 0%. Makes more sense to keep the money in your account I’d say.
joshm02/05/2020 16:59

Comment deleted

Worth a try, looks like 2% Quidco as well on sale items.

Very true...
Obviously if money is not an issue then.the Omega is a great watch. Otherwise check out the Bulova lunar pilot. It has its own moon story too
Nice watch indeed, will get an Omega sooner or later.
Edited by: "kirkhd16" 2nd May

Why?
You should easily get 15-20% off in the shop. 10% isn't that much really

Comment deleted

Honestly mate, it would take you 30 seconds to wind and set the time 🏻
joshm02/05/2020 16:59

Comment deleted

You can't use the tesco vouchers online?
Ooo lovely. The only Omega I really like.
jamiec2k02/05/2020 16:39

Love mine, really great finishing for the price bracket.My grandad passed …Love mine, really great finishing for the price bracket.My grandad passed away recently and left me some money, so bought something to keep forever and remember him [Image] [Image]

Nice to see the movement.
Really nice watch, went for the Planet Ocean in the end.

Comment deleted

I think you're confused about what an automatic movement is.
Hornyp02/05/2020 17:18

Why?

If it's not obvious, then I'm not sure what I can say.
LOUGHBORO.GUY02/05/2020 16:48

A beautiful watch I would wear on a date with Carol Kirkwood

Not again! That's your 2nd date now

Believe it or not, a lot of people actually do though. I don’t see anything wrong with it if you can afford it (keep up with the payments).
coolio2802/05/2020 17:36

Believe it or not, a lot of people actually do though. I don’t see a …Believe it or not, a lot of people actually do though. I don’t see anything wrong with it if you can afford it (keep up with the payments).

Someone earlier mentioned 0%, in which case if you have the money but you'd rather keep it in an interest earning account then I get it. But if you don't have the money to buy a 3k watch, you should probably not get into debt because of it. Nobody knows what's around the next corner.
Crazy expensive. What a waste of money. There's people going hungry in UK.
Really fancy one, but the current crisis makes me think twice about consumerism and what's really important. Keep well everyone and perhaps an Omega when things return to something like normality
Edited by: "currybum2" 2nd May
Mike_HUKD02/05/2020 17:37

Someone earlier mentioned 0%, in which case if you have the money but …Someone earlier mentioned 0%, in which case if you have the money but you'd rather keep it in an interest earning account then I get it. But if you don't have the money to buy a 3k watch, you should probably not get into debt because of it. Nobody knows what's around the next corner.

Yeah I agree I’d only use finance if it’s 0% and I know I’ll be able to keep up with the payments.

Are people actually purchasing luxury watches in this current climate?

I did a u turn on getting the Black Bay 58.
i
Mike_HUKD02/05/2020 17:31

I think you're confused about what an automatic movement is.

What is the difference between mechanical and automatic?
BigTimeDealer02/05/2020 17:47

i What is the difference between mechanical and automatic?

Mechanical you wind yourself with the crown, that's the only way to do it. An automatic will wind itself with a weighted rotor arm while wearing it so it will keep itself wound hence automatic.
Mike_HUKD02/05/2020 17:31

If it's not obvious, then I'm not sure what I can say.

So do you buy everything outright then? If I want to buy a luxury watch and can meet the monthly repayments, what business is it of anybodies?
coolio2802/05/2020 17:41

Yeah I agree I’d only use finance if it’s 0% and I know I’ll be able to kee …Yeah I agree I’d only use finance if it’s 0% and I know I’ll be able to keep up with the payments.Are people actually purchasing luxury watches in this current climate? I did a u turn on getting the Black Bay 58.

Hmm see that's where I don't agree if 'keeping up with the payments' doesn't mean 'money is already in a savings account'. Debt is debt, and it's not worth having over a watch IMO.
BigTimeDealer02/05/2020 17:47

i What is the difference between mechanical and automatic?

An automatic watch has a rotor that allows the watch to be powered by the wearers movement. A mechanical watch requires hand winding. Both will need to be set when left down past their power reserve.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions