Found 4th Oct 2007
ok so long story short i ordered 3 in the night garden toys for my son in the boots 3 for 2 on tuesday. paid for next day delivery. called yesterday as on my account it wasnt showing as sent and should of recived it yesterday. apparently their warehouse systems are playing up so be warned lol! basically i went mad (told them was needed by today for gift little white lie) and they got back to me just now, items will be here tomorrow and ive been given a FULL REFUND!!!!!! so ive got a dancing iggle piggle ninky nonk train and a set of the characters for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! this is one happy customer!! just goes to show if you complain you dont always get fobbed off!! feel abit better about my cyber bingo balls up now! :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

31 Comments

Well done! Now thats what i call customer service :thumbsup:

lol thTS GREAT

something kinda siilar happend to me, got in my order form mail order express today, among myu purhcases i had bout the dinsey princes mega blocks musical freindship thing for 2.99,and when i ressed the button it didna sing, it jsut went ma ma ma, like a broken sound, so i phoned and theyare sending pout a nther one free, and said not to send that one back just throw it away as it will cost them more money to have it back, so i gav ot to my daughter anywya to play with and she threw it on the floor and now it works haha so im gettn another one as well

Original Poster

fab! it pays to complain!!!

Admin

I got some nivea touch of sun fake tan after christmas. After I'd used it I got a rash on my neck, felt totally minging so I phoned and complained that their product was supposed to be hypoallergenic. They compensated me with a cheque for £40 and a book of vouchers and a big apology letter.

Needless to say I got the same rash two weeks later and realised it was my washing powder doing it :oops:

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

Needless to say I got the same rash two weeks later and realised it was … Needless to say I got the same rash two weeks later and realised it was my washing powder doing it :oops:

lol pmsl!!! but a result never the less!! :thumbsup:

ive also got my mum a free harry potter game for the ps2. she ordered it with kays, edd was 25th sept but it turned up (posted through letter box not signed for) couple days after shed ordered it which was beginning of sept. but it didnt show as delivered in her account so i waited until after 25th and asked where it was, and in the end cancelled it and got her money back!! :-D

Sloth/Mod

Had the same result with a Tommee Tippee Steriliser. Bought it online and it packed up in the night a couple of weeks ago. Rang Boots that morning and they arranged for me to take it to get replaced at my local store as i told them i couldn't wait for a new one to be delivered. When i got there i got an apology, a replacement and a full refund. :-D

I thought this post would be some silly woman talking about shoes again...

Admin

lynothehammer

I thought this post would be some silly woman talking about shoes … I thought this post would be some silly woman talking about shoes again...

Me too :giggle:

Original Poster

lynothehammer

I thought this post would be some silly woman talking about shoes … I thought this post would be some silly woman talking about shoes again...

thanks guys lol:oops:

i thought it was about shoes aswell lol

yeah i was gonna sat me too, just ordered myself a pair

i was going to say i love being walked on

How much was the product?

last christmas, i ordered £120 worth of toys for my daughter from ELC. they arrived in a damaged box, and some of the boxes inside were a little bashed in. i rand them up and complained as they were for christmas and i wasnt happy with the damage. they refunded me £20 and arranged to send the whole order out to me again. this happened but they forgot to collect the bashed stuff! so we waited, and waited and still no sign of them coming. after a couple of month, i took the toys to my local elc store, and got a full refund of £120. so all in all i got £120 worth of toys, and got paid £20 cash!!!! about 6 months later they wrote me a letter asking for the parcel. i rang them and told them it was collected at the same time the others were dropped off!!!! now i wont shop online with them again, incase it reminds them!!! lol!

I love Boots too especially thigh high pvc ones!

Original Poster

qazim

How much was the product?

the dancing iggle piggle was 34.99
ninky nonk train 9.99
set of night garden figures 12.99

It does pay to complain as long as you don't complain assuming you will get more than a replacement/refund. Anything else is a great bonus!

Hopefully they will be as good for me, I bought a stepper in Janurary and it broke in June, I complained and they replaced it for me...last night the new one did the exact same thing!! Have emailed them and told them I'd like a refund since it's obviously a **** machine (and said it was lucky I didn't break my neck when I fell off it, which is true!!), awaiting response now

Starlet

Hopefully they will be as good for me, I bought a stepper in Janurary and … Hopefully they will be as good for me, I bought a stepper in Janurary and it broke in June, I complained and they replaced it for me...last night the new one did the exact same thing!! Have emailed them and told them I'd like a refund since it's obviously a **** machine (and said it was lucky I didn't break my neck when I fell off it, which is true!!), awaiting response now

I reckon you might get a nice little something for that complaint... Good luck...

As long as I get my money back I will be happy to be honest, and I should as it has a 1 year garentee. Don't tell any one but *looks around* I am actually pleased it broke, couldn't have happened at a better time as I was just about to trade it in for an elliptical as I have 'outgrown' it...I doubt I'd have been able to sell it on, so getting my money back on it at this time is great

Cheeky cow...

Now everyone is going to think I broke it on purpose lol, I swear I didn't!!

Sloth/Mod

Starlet

Now everyone is going to think I broke it on purpose lol, I swear I … Now everyone is going to think I broke it on purpose lol, I swear I didn't!!

She says with a hammer behind her back. :whistling: ;-)

Banned

juliet_bravo

I got some nivea touch of sun fake tan after christmas. After I'd used it … I got some nivea touch of sun fake tan after christmas. After I'd used it I got a rash on my neck, felt totally minging so I phoned and complained that their product was supposed to be hypoallergenic. They compensated me with a cheque for £40 and a book of vouchers and a big apology letter.Needless to say I got the same rash two weeks later and realised it was my washing powder doing it :oops:

Did you return the cash?

UltimoScorpion

Did you return the cash?

Does that really need answering? I think we all now the answer to that one!:whistling:

Original Poster

grrr i phoned them up on friday as was suppossed to be arriving then and was told that yet again it hadnt gone out!! they had requested next day but it was still there aaah! but i got 1000 advantage card points (10 quid) for complaining again and my delivery cost refunded again (already had been but i didnt tell them that!) so got 60 of toys 10 on my ad card and free delivery! it better flippin come tomorrow!

We should have been getting some gifts delivered today.
Payed for saturday delivery about 2 weeks ago.
Have recieved nothing.
My partner has called them and been given £15 on her boots card.
no refund on the saturday delivery charges yet She has been told to call back on monday to speak with a manager.
They also said because we picked a Satuday delivery then it wont be re sent out until next saturday!!!!!...wtf??

I once got £90 out of boots for doing very little other than being embarressed. Im not going into details as it takes ages to tell the story, but I was well chuffed by the time I'd finished

apduk

I once got £90 out of boots for doing very little other than being … I once got £90 out of boots for doing very little other than being embarressed. Im not going into details as it takes ages to tell the story, but I was well chuffed by the time I'd finished

you cant do that to me, :w00t: please spill the beans!!!!!

apduk

I once got £90 out of boots for doing very little other than being … I once got £90 out of boots for doing very little other than being embarressed. Im not going into details as it takes ages to tell the story, but I was well chuffed by the time I'd finished

oh please please PLEASE tell us ... I'm intrigued !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226656
    2. Xbox One X Console £385 (in-store) @ Interdiscount (Swiss-France borders)11
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769621
    4. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?711

See more discussions