OMG! Just spilled a glass of red wine and its went all over the wallpaper!

Just had a massive argument with the missus, i knocked over a glass of red and it went all over the wallpaper. The paper is a grey colour. Is there any way i can get it off?

Lookslike its already dry. She is going mental at me

51 Comments

How can it go on the wallpaper if you knocked it over? It would of gone on the floor wouldn't it? Unless you threw it over the wall

white wine quickly

You threw it at the wall, didn't you?

lol what you doing arguing with the mrs for anyway! you should know better! lol

Original Poster

no im at the computer and the way the glass landed the whole thing went over the living room wall. Hardly a drop on the floor. Shes going menatl and because i'm **** i couldnt stop laughing. My living room is massive, it gonna cost me a bombe to re'paper it

lol a wish the smileys were working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you argue with the mrs, you spill wine over the wall, and you find it funny, hmmmm

Original Poster

should i rub it with a sponge, shes went to bed raging

I don't know, but I bet your on the sofa tonight...!!!

half ten and she,s went to bed! you,s been out all day?

Original Poster

she is going mental

makershaker

she is going mental

give her the laptop to chat on here while she watches you squirm and sort it out!!! i would lol :-)

Original Poster

i cant sort it out it wont come off!!

Thanks for that lol!

honestly drew put white wine over it and it will come off :-)

Original Poster

i dont have any white wine! any other suggestions?

Banned

makershaker

i dont have any white wine! any other suggestions?

orange peel and spit should do the trick.

tippex and a grey felt tip.

Banned

id you dont have orange peel you could try dandilions and fizzy vimto, but ive never trie that one

Original Poster

thanks for the sarcasm peeps, im in desperate need of help

Grey wallpaper doesn't sound very pretty. Maybe you should re-decorate anyway.

Get a large picture of Celtic Park.

Original Poster

angelfairee

Grey wallpaper doesn't sound very pretty. Maybe you should re-decorate … Grey wallpaper doesn't sound very pretty. Maybe you should re-decorate anyway.

It looks minted beleive me

(well it did 2 hours ago)

angelfairee

Grey wallpaper doesn't sound very pretty. Maybe you should re-decorate … Grey wallpaper doesn't sound very pretty. Maybe you should re-decorate anyway.

lmfao

angelfairee

ROFL!

generaloneill

Get a large picture of Celtic Park.

PMSL

Original Poster

Definitly not!

haha lol am sure op will cope!!! where is oh? :-)

'get it off' with your good lady - no chance for the next month.

Re wallpaper -
1.match and patch
2. go for a contrast.
3. Hang a hanging thing.

No way are you going to ge red wine out of wall paper -- unless someone knows better.

You need wine away! http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/keyword/wine%20away

But in the meantime, if its a good quality paper.... do you have any white vinegar? Plus kitchen paper?

Sponge on white vinegar lightly then blot with kitchen paper, and repeat until stain removed, very difficult with paper though as can tear easily. So don't saturate!

I'm gonna say duct tape... it fixes pretty much anything

You can just replace one strip of paper ..................the damaged strip , or just replace the bit thats stained by removing the piece just past the stain and over lapping with a new matching piece and slicing through them both with a scalpel [ that's what I use ].Then remove the little strip and stick down the new bit .Remember , if the paper's been on a while there will be a slight shading , that's if you have any paper left over .Done this a few times over the years to help out a customer .

Original Poster

Ive said that but shes making me re decorate the whole room.

Put an empty picture frame around the stain and claim it's expensive modern art.

Did you 'rub it with a sponge' while the missus was in bed?

Kiss and makeup, life is too short

Original Poster

yes i did but it wont budge.

makershaker

You are really lucky the wife didn't kick you out, maybe all she wanted was for you to re-decorate?? :-/

makershaker

should i rub it with a sponge, shes went to bed raging

deek72

Did you 'rub it with a sponge' while the missus was in bed?

makershaker

Oh, sorry. I may have got the wrong idea. I just thought you were thinking of ways to cheers yourself up (smiley)

Next time just gaffa tape her mouth that way you can get some peace and quiet ;op

lol after arguing you need to make it up to her anyway so just decorate think of the benefits you will get! :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614062
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523398
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…77
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185922

See more discussions