Groups

OMG...Front garden totally moss

Just been out to cut the front grass and discovered it is almost total moss. Spent about 2 hours raking it up, but that hasn't really made a dent in it. It was fine last year. What do I do about it?
    Any easy options?

7 Comments

Post in here i'm sure someone will be able to help :thumbsup:

hotukdeals.com/ite…pic

Two methods either buy weed and feed (£9+ depending on size of garden), this will have a moss control agent in it or sulphate of iron this costs about £4. Using sulphate mix three tablespoons in your watering can, pour over garden and wait until moss turns brown/black and rake it out. Better still hire or buy a lawn rake as it is back breaking work.

Well my back garden has a leaking gas pipe with a large bulge now appearing in the ground but at least there is nothing growing there so not all bad :thumbsup:

We had a similar problem and bought an electric lawn raker a couple of years ago.
    It still takes time but far, far less effort.
    We took 5 black sacks of moss to the tip yesterday.
    Lawn looks very bare and sad after the first time but it picks up once the grass has a chance to grow again.

Something like this :

amazon.co.uk/Bos…UMQ

Ours didn't cost this much , this is just an example of what I'm trying to describe.

Original Poster

Thanks all for your advice....looks like I'm going to put in a bit of hard work.

Banned

My lawns need some TLC too.

Reseed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944511
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.58
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941349
      4. What would be HELL to you?2631

See more discussions