Groups

OMG.........Have I poisoned the kids???

Had nothing in the house for dinner tonight so raided the freezer and found some white fish in parsley sauce at the back. We were just eating it (tastes fine) but was thinking that I hadn't bought that for ages so went and checked the date on the box - SEP.2007!!!!
    Have I poisoned us???

70 Comments

probs.

nope.

I'm no expert....but would have thought if it had been frozen and tasted fine it should be ok?

get to the hospital ASAP for a stomach pump....

Banned

looooooooooooooooooooooool

no you'l be fine as long as its been cooked properly

have you any valuable items you would like to sell,, cheap????? lol

depends on your freezer

it was nice knowing you and you family. Ill send flowers...let me know your address..LOL

im a doc as long as it tastes fine cooked properly and keep drinkin fluids it should be alrite

yes!!!

Banned

You will know by TOMORROW!! :oops:

LOL!!! funny stuff!

sorry to sound like a **** but seriously.....you should be old enough to know you would be fine.

im reporting you to ester ransom,,

Original Poster

black gerbil1;4222762

probs.

dcx_badass;4222771

.Yes.

Thanks for that:roll:

choc1969;4222769

nope.

:thumbsup:
    dancing.diva;4222770

I'm no expert....but would have thought if it had been frozen and tasted … I'm no expert....but would have thought if it had been frozen and tasted fine it should be ok?

Tanks hun, that's what I was hoping How bad am I?

ukmonkey;4222772

LMAO - on way:-D

ukmonkey;4222772

+1:lol:

tommytot;4222785

im a doc as long as it tastes fine cooked properly and keep drinkin … im a doc as long as it tastes fine cooked properly and keep drinkin fluids it should be alrite

What kind of Doctor are you?

tommytot;4222785

im a doc as long as it tastes fine cooked properly and keep drinkin … im a doc as long as it tastes fine cooked properly and keep drinkin fluids it should be alrite

Great advice - Doc! :lol:

Most domestic freezers are normally only rated for 3 months - product dependant.

However, this is a guideline only, and generally speaking, as long as you've cooked everything properly you should be ok - if anything the quality would suffer.

I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Original Poster

ODB_69;4222773

loooooooooooooooooooooooolno you'l be fine as long as its been cooked … loooooooooooooooooooooooolno you'l be fine as long as its been cooked properly

:oops: Can't make promises :roll:

sosolidpoo;4222776

have you any valuable items you would like to sell,, cheap????? lol

Haha Nice try

schaf;4222778

depends on your freezer

:? really? frost free, 3 years old

Banned

If you were my mum i would say you were fired!

it was probably a best before date on the fish not a use by date. correct?

im a doc in a surgery

If you can read this, probably not.

Product was already cooked, then frozen minimising the possibility of germs surviving.
    You'll be fine.
    :geek: WARNING, BORING OLD FART TIP AHEAD :geek:
    It might be an idea to buy some of those coloured bag clippie things and put frozen food cartons inside an extra poly bag sealed with a clip. If you make up a code you'll know when to eat freezer stuff by.

For example

Blue clip for everything that has to be eaten by end of Feb,
    Yellow clip for end of March

and so on.

Hope this helps.

i bet at worst you will all have to fight for the loo! but im sure u will be fine

shanecr;4222854

Nope - it would be a use by date.

All foods that can potentially harbour pathogenic micro-organisms have a use-by date.

started being sick yet?

tommytot;4222856

im a doc in a surgery

Let me know where and I'll make sure I never make an appointment. :lol:

http://www.mould-it.com/images/building/large/bucket2.jpg

Original Poster

rob585;4222779

it was nice knowing you and you family. Ill send flowers...let me know … it was nice knowing you and you family. Ill send flowers...let me know your address..LOL

PM on it's way.........just incase:thumbsup:
    tommytot;4222785

That's wot I thought, thanks Doc:-D

Leer;4222788

yes!!!

:roll: lol
    jjcaho;4222789

You will know by TOMORROW!! ::

lol, something to look forward too:roll:
    Cheapsh0t;4222791

LOL!!! funny stuff!sorry to sound like a **** but seriously.....you … LOL!!! funny stuff!sorry to sound like a **** but seriously.....you should be old enough to know you would be fine.

Bit of reassurance, that's all lol

sosolidpoo;4222798

im reporting you to ester ransom,,

Not again:roll: lol

if anything ull probly need to go the toilet and get stomach pains and cramps and if u do start to feel ill just keep drinking plenty of fluids and how old r ur kids who ate it

Pan111;4222885

started being sick yet?

Common misconception. Most commonly, food poisoning doesn't start to present symptoms until between 2-7 days post consumption.

I never check the dates on my freezer food....some will of been in there since we moved in lol (4 years ago!)

tommytot;4222856

im a doc in a surgery

Really? An acutal real-life doctor would have an area of expertise, or be a GP. Plus I don't think that someone who has completed 5 -7 years of academic study and training, would write with no grammar or punctuation at all. :whistling:

tommytot;4222900

if anything ull probly need to go the toilet and get stomach pains and … if anything ull probly need to go the toilet and get stomach pains and cramps and if u do start to feel ill just keep drinking plenty of fluids and how old r ur kids who ate it

What about rehydration sachets Doc, don't you think that is a good idea as well?

Heavertron;4222937

Really? An acutal real-life doctor would have an area of expertise, or be … Really? An acutal real-life doctor would have an area of expertise, or be a GP. Plus I don't think that someone who has completed 5 -7 years of academic study and training, would write with no grammar or punctuation at all. :whistling:

say wot u fink learn of thekids

Original Poster

lumoruk;4222837

If you were my mum i would say you were fired!

They're only 2 and 5, I've not told them:oops: lol

shanecr;4222854

Yes it was

cannyscot;4222859

If you can read this, probably not.Product was already cooked, then … If you can read this, probably not.Product was already cooked, then frozen minimising the possibility of germs surviving.You'll be fine.:geek: WARNING, BORING OLD FART TIP AHEAD :geek:It might be an idea to buy some of those coloured bag clippie things and put frozen food cartons inside an extra poly bag sealed with a clip. If you make up a code you'll know when to eat freezer stuff by.For example Blue clip for everything that has to be eaten by end of Feb,Yellow clip for end of Marchand so on.Hope this helps.

Ooo thanks, may well do that.......although I would just like to say that I don't tend to make it a regular occorrence lol :lol:

joharni;4222866

i bet at worst you will all have to fight for the loo! but im sure u will … i bet at worst you will all have to fight for the loo! but im sure u will be fine

Hope not, thanks hun x

moob;4222877

Nope - it would be a use by date.All foods that can potentially harbour … Nope - it would be a use by date.All foods that can potentially harbour pathogenic micro-organisms have a use-by date.

Just checked - says best by

Pan111;4222885

started being sick yet?

haha no, not yet

kingy58;4222888

Thanks, may come in handy lol

white fish will not give you food poisoning anyway, if bad the worst is you will bring it back up, it dont carry any food poisoning bugs,, shell fish does but not white fish,,,,you will be fine, im a fishy expert,,serious

Hannah - was it originally frozen then? That would make sense as you're saying it says best before?

If that's the case you're even less likely to have any problems.

PS: Don't listen to the muppet pretending to be a doctor! :lol:

tommytot;4222955

say wot u fink learn of thekids

It's very irresponsible to say you are a doctor, and then pretend to give competent medical advice to people.

You have admitted your guilt on a public forum. If outcome were really serious you could be spending time at HMP. Whoops
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2240
      2. word association Game74044562
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767409
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1717

See more discussions