On Line Credit Score

Found 9th Jun
Hello again,

I have a question as there seems to be some financially savvy people on here. Also, I've always had some really good help, so I thought I'd ask.

I have Noddle credit score through my bank, but am aware that there are several other big players who control our credit rating. Experia etc..

Is there a free way of looking at your credit score in general, without affecting it? Mine, touch wood, is sorted, but I wondered what the other companies were reporting and would like to see their reports. Apparently, credit scores differ from company to company. I just would like to see the data they are sharing about me.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Diegobound.
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
Got my free credit score online from Experian, I tried Noddle and Clear score but they both couldn't validate my details..
malnuman8 m ago

Got my free credit score online from Experian, I tried Noddle and Clear …Got my free credit score online from Experian, I tried Noddle and Clear score but they both couldn't validate my details..

Thanks for taking the time to reply 'malnuman', appreciated. Does it affect your credit score? I ask as when I looked around, eg money matters, searches can apparently affect your score.
no it does not, I just copied this off Experian site, which is one of the "big three" credit agencies, even though it's for a credit report is should be the same for your score

"Requesting a copy of your own credit report will not affect your credit scores. An inquiry will be added to your report as a record that you requested it. This type of inquiry is sometimes called a “soft” inquiry because it is shown only to you. Therefore, you can check your own credit report as often as you like with no affect on your credit scores."
Edited by: "malnuman" 9th Jun
Have a look on money saving experts credit club it’s easy to use gives you your credit file from Experian and your credit score. They say you should keep an eye on all providers as one could hold different information on it.
You are entitled to see a statutory credit report and this costs around £3 and is usually posted to you. They all have forms with payment online to request it, it’s posted usually within a few weeks. This doesn’t show your credit score but does show all your credit information.

A credit score although helpful as an indication of your credit worthiness won’t necessarily help you get credit as all lenders use different criteria and have different score levels, they also do other checks based on the info provided on your application.

Below are the things that impact on your ability to get credit:

Stability - have been living somewhere for a while is good (not moving every few months).
Voter - be on the electoral role
Landline - this is an odd one but it can make a difference
Employment history - self employed or temping or moving jobs often and your far less likely to get credit
Earnings - you need to be earning money to pay back the debt
Dependants - if you have children this can affect affordability and therefore can reduce likelihood of being given credit
Current credit - if you have lots available to you even though you don’t use it, this can impact you!
Previous credit - the history and repayments
Others in your household or those who are financially linked - this can impact your score, particularly if they have missed payments etc
Utilities - paying these can help you as they build up a history of regular payments if you pay them on time
cmdr_elito7 m ago

You are entitled to see a statutory credit report and this costs around £3 …You are entitled to see a statutory credit report and this costs around £3 and is usually posted to you. They all have forms with payment online to request it, it’s posted usually within a few weeks. This doesn’t show your credit score but does show all your credit information.A credit score although helpful as an indication of your credit worthiness won’t necessarily help you get credit as all lenders use different criteria and have different score levels, they also do other checks based on the info provided on your application.Below are the things that impact on your ability to get credit:Stability - have been living somewhere for a while is good (not moving every few months).Voter - be on the electoral roleLandline - this is an odd one but it can make a differenceEmployment history - self employed or temping or moving jobs often and your far less likely to get creditEarnings - you need to be earning money to pay back the debtDependants - if you have children this can affect affordability and therefore can reduce likelihood of being given creditCurrent credit - if you have lots available to you even though you don’t use it, this can impact you!Previous credit - the history and repaymentsOthers in your household or those who are financially linked - this can impact your score, particularly if they have missed payments etcUtilities - paying these can help you as they build up a history of regular payments if you pay them on time

Most of the statutory reports are also available online. But now with the likes of MSE you don’t even need to pay they give you them for free.
eslick28 m ago

Have a look on money saving experts credit club it’s easy to use gives you …Have a look on money saving experts credit club it’s easy to use gives you your credit file from Experian and your credit score. They say you should keep an eye on all providers as one could hold different information on it.

That's exactly why I'm asking, 'eslick', as I would like like to know what information they are sharing. I don't think I've anything to worry about, but what do I know?

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.
eslick18 m ago

Most of the statutory reports are also available online. But now with the …Most of the statutory reports are also available online. But now with the likes of MSE you don’t even need to pay they give you them for free.

How do you get these? Forgive my ignorance.
cmdr_elito29 m ago

You are entitled to see a statutory credit report and this costs around £3 …You are entitled to see a statutory credit report and this costs around £3 and is usually posted to you. They all have forms with payment online to request it, it’s posted usually within a few weeks. This doesn’t show your credit score but does show all your credit information.A credit score although helpful as an indication of your credit worthiness won’t necessarily help you get credit as all lenders use different criteria and have different score levels, they also do other checks based on the info provided on your application.Below are the things that impact on your ability to get credit:Stability - have been living somewhere for a while is good (not moving every few months).Voter - be on the electoral roleLandline - this is an odd one but it can make a differenceEmployment history - self employed or temping or moving jobs often and your far less likely to get creditEarnings - you need to be earning money to pay back the debtDependants - if you have children this can affect affordability and therefore can reduce likelihood of being given creditCurrent credit - if you have lots available to you even though you don’t use it, this can impact you!Previous credit - the history and repaymentsOthers in your household or those who are financially linked - this can impact your score, particularly if they have missed payments etcUtilities - paying these can help you as they build up a history of regular payments if you pay them on time

Thank you cmdr_elito. Much appreciated, but I was hoping for an online free link to see what the various companies were saying about me. Seems strange to pay for my own information.
@Diegobound just a test message checking if you got the bell icon notification (top right) that I’d mentioned you by name in a comment.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 9th Jun
Toptrumpet16 m ago

@Diegobound just a test message checking if you got the bell icon …@Diegobound just a test message checking if you got the bell icon notification (top right) that I’d mentioned you by name in a comment.

I surely did. No flies on me!

Seriously, thanks 'Toptrumpet', much appreciated.

Diegobound.
Toptrumpet17 m ago

@Diegobound just a test message checking if you got the bell icon …@Diegobound just a test message checking if you got the bell icon notification (top right) that I’d mentioned you by name in a comment.

I just noticed what you did there...@

ah ha.
eslick2 m ago

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub

Very much appreciated @eslick (Blame Toptrumpet if I did that incorrectly,)
Diegobound3 h, 15 m ago

Thank you cmdr_elito. Much appreciated, but I was hoping for an online …Thank you cmdr_elito. Much appreciated, but I was hoping for an online free link to see what the various companies were saying about me. Seems strange to pay for my own information.

£3 is to cover the cost of paper, envelope and stamp, the information itself is free.

Most of them have free trials for their premium services you could sign up to, just remember to cancel it, they make it hard to cancel it .i.e. you have to phone up or email them.

For example creditexpert.co.uk/
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 9th Jun
cmdr_elito1 m ago

£3 is to cover the cost of paper, envelope and stamp, the information …£3 is to cover the cost of paper, envelope and stamp, the information itself is free.

And as they said they were hoping to get it online which you can
eslick4 m ago

And as they said they were hoping to get it online which you can

Yep it’s been a few years since I last looked at mine.
No such thing as a credit score. The credit reference agencies hold information regarding your credit history. They don’t hold a score, despite what they try to sell you.
There has always been a charge for accessing the info, they collate the data and then have to supply it in some form. Seems only fair to pay a small amount to access.
Oneday777 m ago

No such thing as a credit score. The credit reference agencies hold …No such thing as a credit score. The credit reference agencies hold information regarding your credit history. They don’t hold a score, despite what they try to sell you. There has always been a charge for accessing the info, they collate the data and then have to supply it in some form. Seems only fair to pay a small amount to access.

Pay a small amount to gain access to my personal information? Shouldn't that be the other way around?
cmdr_elito1 h, 48 m ago

£3 is to cover the cost of paper, envelope and stamp, the information …£3 is to cover the cost of paper, envelope and stamp, the information itself is free.Most of them have free trials for their premium services you could sign up to, just remember to cancel it, they make it hard to cancel it .i.e. you have to phone up or email them.For example https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/

So I have to pay (albeit a small sum) to see what is available freely, online to the big players? Something wrong there, isn't there?
You can see your credit file with all 3 for free by now. Use Noddle for CallCredit data, Clearscore for Equifax and Creditexpert for Experian data.
You can do free trials of Equifax and Experian as well.

There are websites doing all 3 together for a fee as well.
Edited by: "hearts22" 10th Jun
Diegobound10th Jun

So I have to pay (albeit a small sum) to see what is available freely, …So I have to pay (albeit a small sum) to see what is available freely, online to the big players? Something wrong there, isn't there?

I don’t make the rules......have a chat with the FSA.
I have noddle (free, through talktalk) shows my credit history as fair. Experian (through my barclaycard credit card) shows my score as 961 which is excellent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants