Groups

on line photo hosting

Hi I would like to put some photo on an online hosting site. but I would like to stop people being able to download or print/copy the photos. is there a site that would enable me to do that. Or failing that is there a program that would allow me to share photos by e-mail or burn to a disc , but again would stop people copying or printing the photos, Any suggestions would be helpfull

13 Comments

You can use [url]www.flickr.com[/url] and disallow photo downloading.
    Only thing is people can still do a print screen of the site
    You can also set the site for friends only to view and then all your friends can sign up for free and view your pictures.

esq3585;5213910

You can use [url]www.flickr.com[/url] and disallow photo downloading.Only … You can use [url]www.flickr.com[/url] and disallow photo downloading.Only thing is people can still do a print screen of the siteYou can also set the site for friends only to view and then all your friends can sign up for free and view your pictures.

This is the one to go for... like esq3583 states you can dissable photo downloading.

Also have a look at Fotki.com

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. could you make a setting that would only allow multi pictures on the screen. making it only possible to print screen as a multi image only, does that make sense

steve187;5214019

Thanks for the quick reply. could you make a setting that would only … Thanks for the quick reply. could you make a setting that would only allow multi pictures on the screen. making it only possible to print screen as a multi image only, does that make sense

You can create a set section on flickr for doing this
    Like this for example

flickr.com/pho…62/

Banned

esq3585;5213910

You can use [url]www.flickr.com[/url] and disallow photo downloading.Only … You can use [url]www.flickr.com[/url] and disallow photo downloading.Only thing is people can still do a print screen of the site

Give me an example of what you mean. I'd be very surprised if I cant grab the image (without a screenprint.)

guv;5215163

Give me an example of what you mean. I'd be very surprised if I cant grab … Give me an example of what you mean. I'd be very surprised if I cant grab the image (without a screenprint.)

Meaning press the print screen key to copy the pic then paste it into photoshop etc.
    Then you can use it as you wish.
    Best thing to do would get your username emblazoned across the picture

If you try right clicking to save this one it saves a blank spaceball.gif so your better pressing print screen then cropping and resaving in photoshop paint etc

flickr.com/pho…39/

It's impossible, the user has to have the image or they won't be able to see it. You can deter casual users, but if you're serious then the only thing you can do is not offer up the full image for viewing and use small/low quality/watermarked versions instead.

Banned

EndlessWaves;5215764

It's impossible, the user has to have the image or they won't be able to … It's impossible, the user has to have the image or they won't be able to see it. You can deter casual users, but if you're serious then the only thing you can do is not offer up the full image for viewing and use small/low quality/watermarked versions instead.

this ^^^

Original Poster

esq3585;5215761

If you try right clicking to save this one it saves a blank spaceball.gif … If you try right clicking to save this one it saves a blank spaceball.gif so your better pressing print screen then cropping and resaving in photoshop paint etchttp://www.flickr.com/photos/gtmq8/3521892439/

do the setting on flick.com allow this or has he done it a different way????

Best thing to do is put some watermarks on it, lot of good programs about...

I have not found an image yet that cant be 'gotten'...

No other way round it....

maxmix

Original Poster

many thanks to all for the help

esq3585;5215761

If you try right clicking to save this one it saves a blank spaceball.gif … If you try right clicking to save this one it saves a blank spaceball.gif so your better pressing print screen then cropping and resaving in photoshop paint etchttp://www.flickr.com/photos/gtmq8/3521892439/

Here you go:
    ]http//fa…jpg
    Takes all of 2 seconds to get that, and then you can save to your PC.
    There's no proper way to stop people downloading pics, the best thing to do is watermark them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions