Groups

on sky channels disappeared!

I got sky box, i get free channels., like bbc1,2,itv1,ch4....., but just now when i switch on BBC1,ITV1,CH3, disappeared........., it says channel unavailable.......,

7 Comments

Try rebooting the box, power off at the mains for 10 seconds

Have you got a valid card inserted I had this on my spare box ...ended up getting rid rather than paying £20 every 3yrs for freeview card

You need to pair the card to the box.

New self install?

You dont need to pair the box to get the free channels

generaloneill;8682582

You need to pair the card to the box.New self install?

deanos;8682599

You dont need to pair the box to get the free channels

But before we go off on one has power off from the wall for 30secs worked or not ???????

Its sky they removing boxes that do not have a freeview paid for card installed ....seems mad paying for a freeview card which is not for life every 3 years and prices are not fixed (June 2009: we have heard that Sky are no longer supplying these cards. Also the "Pay Once..." system is no loner available. Can anyone confirm?)

BskyB announced the launch of a new marketing campaign on 22nd October 2004 in which they will install a satellite dish and Sky Digibox with a card for a one-off payment of £150. This is identical to the FTV system (above). You can phone 08706 061111 to order the installation of a dish, Sky Digibox and FTV card which will get you all the Free To Air programmes available from the Sky platform, plus SKY3, CH4 and FIVE. The cost is £150 inclusive.
    personally i would by a freesat hd box from somewhere like maplins
    or by the ross kit in homebase or b&q which are now £79.99 for the hd freeview job done

wanderer;8684372

Its sky they removing boxes that do not have a freeview paid for card … Its sky they removing boxes that do not have a freeview paid for card installed ....seems mad paying for a freeview card which is not for life every 3 years and prices are not fixed (June 2009: we have heard that Sky are no longer supplying these cards. Also the "Pay Once..." system is no loner available. Can anyone confirm?)

That would be a bit difficult as Sky do not own the receivers.

Most " free " channels do not need a card.

try disconnecting the power for 30 secs then plugging back in.

If that fails disconnect for 30 seconds then keep your finger pressed on BACK UP and turn back on (with button still pressed) this should do a fresh reinstall.

Hope that helps!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32158
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism69
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764316

See more discussions